• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The Official The Walking Dead Discussion Thread
13 13

40,452 posts in this topic

Please answer YES or NO without spoilers!

Is issue 111 a KEY issue?

Thanks!

Officially... NO This should never be considered a "Key" issue.

Tim, i think you're correct, but at the very least, there should be something on the right side of the flip

"Death" of Spencer" hahahaha

Agreed. At least there will be something in the "Notes" section on the Slabs.

Though it should read

Death of "No-Guts" Spencer lol

I always get 2+ copies of WD. Unless sometimes when it's a key issue, i.e. 1st App, death, etc...... Like 108 I have 3 copies, 2 raws and a 9.8. I'll have 3 copies of 111 including a 9.8

1. The cover is freaking awesome 2. Some crazy sh*t goes down 3. I love the WD

I will always pay cover no matter what. Doesn't matter if the book is so "key" that it becomes a $100+ over night, I WILL ALWAYS PAY COVER. That's why you always get more than 1 copy.... JMO

just thought i would share my awesome new tattoo with my fellow walking dead fans... last year when i met tony moore i told him i was going to get this done, and he said if he sees it he will put it up on his website, so i'm gonna show him when he goes to fan expo in aug.. hopefully get a pic..

1y7cbb.jpg

and just cuz i am using the space anyways here is my other tattoo its zombie spider-man.. in between them im debating who i want.. maybe batman?? if i get one more im gonna connect them all and make it a sleeve..

f4it1f.jpg

Bit gutless really this issue.

I think Negan needs to start sticking the knife in and start taking a wild stab at things.

justin finished reading #111.

glad they finally got rid of spencer. never liked him one bit.

Agreed (thumbs u

He needed to go. He's been nothing but a cry baby since Andrea shot him down. That was a perfect way for him to go. Negan cracks me up lol

I love the cover! It'll look great in a slab.

Negan is an interesting character. He is really fun to watch...especially compared to Rick, who is glum most of the time.

It's a great cover.

I agree on Negan, too. He's one of my favourite characters at the moment, partly because of what you're alluding to - he's the only person that seems to be having any fun.

The look on his face... it was like he'd just opened his Christmas presents!

Did anyone else find that..

Spencer's argument on how Negan is the hero and Rick is the villian was pretty convincing?

I never though about it that way before.. Made me say 'hmmm'

"So what I told you was true...from a certain point of view"

What I found convincing is that Rick may never be comfortable relinquishing control to someone else, that he will always seek conflict. Certainly from Negan's POV, he is the hero...but isn't every villain the hero in their own story? Spencer was totally throwing Rick under the bus, but had his tactic worked, he would have viewed himself as the hero, too.

If Negan could be controlled and reigned in, he would be such a great character to keep around, but I have a feeling (and I am hoping) things will end tragically for him. Tragic in the fact that he is a villian (someone who kills recklessly and without regard could hardly be anything else) but almost has the mind of a child - no filter, no impulse control, no sense of right and wrong, and will probably gain this sense too late.