• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The Official The Walking Dead Discussion Thread
13 13

40,454 posts in this topic

i fear the big boys are going to start bidding

I'll need a 9.8 copy down the road, for my variant set. I'm leaning towards waiting on one that has already been slabbed. God forbid I taint my set with a book less than a 9.8 lol

HOLY COW POOP bass punk....Your collection is remarkable......I just pooped out a baby..... (worship) (worship)

Thank you :acclaim:

Last count, I think I have 25 9.9's and 3 10.0's :grin:

I'll need a 9.8 copy down the road, for my variant set. I'm leaning towards waiting on one that has already been slabbed. God forbid I taint my set with a book less than a 9.8 lol

HOLY COW POOP bass punk....Your collection is remarkable......I just pooped out a baby..... (worship) (worship)

:o I hate you/envy you so much right now lol

I am gonna rent out a storefront here in downtown Louisville and we can open up a WD Museum with all of your stuff and mine including all the OA I have still. :)

hm Um, excuse me, would you mind posting generally when you are at work/away from home for extended periods and if you have a security system or not? :wishluck:

Thanks in advance (thumbs u

I have a quite a few awesome WDs including several 9.9's , lots of yellows and some sweet sketches but no 10s (yet).

Did you sub the 10s?

hm Um, excuse me, would you mind posting generally when you are at work/away from home for extended periods and if you have a security system or not? :wishluck:

Thanks in advance (thumbs u

I have a quite a few awesome WDs including several 9.9's , lots of yellows and some sweet sketches but no 10s (yet).

Did you sub the 10s?

lol I have a giant back pack that I tote my collection in, so it's never out of my sight :grin:

As for the 10.0's, I did not sub them. I've only ever graded one WD 9.9 :( Plenty of 9.8's though :) I'm always keeping an eye out for 9.9's or better for issues 1-48, although I look for 9.9's + for pretty much any issue I don't have lol

I have the CGC boards to thank for what my set is. While I only had eBay when I started building my set a few years ago, that led to sellers who were CGC board members. Only wish I would have found this place sooner, I could have saved a ton on shipping fees :(

Many thanks to Jeff, Dre, Jon, and Steve (worship) along with a few other boardies whom I've purchased from, over the years :foryou:

I think we have yet to see the highest gavel.

I would agree. I would expect Adlard's to go pretty high, possinly Sean Phillips, and I expect Keown to blow thru the roof.

Don't forget Jusko's; I think it'll be one of the books that ends with a really high bid. Unless I can invent a mind control device in the next few days to prevent others from bidding on it, so it can be mine! All mine!

lol

However, in the likelihood that it will not be found, Image will publish a new UK-only printing to cover orders.

This is not the case, I’ve now been told that in contradiction to Diamond letters to UK comic stores, the replacement issues will be from the same printing of #111.

Thank god they didnt do a different printing. Though that would have been a cool "variant" for you UKers.

However, in the likelihood that it will not be found, Image will publish a new UK-only printing to cover orders.

This is not the case, I’ve now been told that in contradiction to Diamond letters to UK comic stores, the replacement issues will be from the same printing of #111.

Thank god they didnt do a different printing. Though that would have been a cool "variant" for you UKers.

:( would have been on those like a fat man in a cake shop...

Oh wow! It's already at $1375. I would have guessed for a slow build up then a mad dash at the end. I would guess, since its price has already surpassed the other auctions (except for Ottley's), I would guess for it to stall around there, then probably a surge at the end.

BTW, if any one needs a number one, there is one on eBay at a decent price. $1900 OBO free shipping. I believe the seller is a boardie. Its not me, though.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/WALKING-DEAD-1-CGC-9-8-1st-PRINT-KIRKMAN-MOORE-AMC-TV-SERIES-/221243191182?pt=US_Comic_Books&hash=item33831f2f8e

Wow good starting price. I saw some end recently for $1775

http://www.ebay.com/itm/The-Walking-Dead-1-CGC-9-8-White-pages-1196966001-/230994651406?pt=US_Comic_Books&hash=item35c85aa90e

Edited by retrothecollector