• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The Official The Walking Dead Discussion Thread
13 13

40,454 posts in this topic

That helps to illustrate my point about the mycomicshop WD auctions that ended Thursday. A WD 1 cgc 9.4 SS ended for $960, whereas this eBay blue label was 9.4 and ended at $1,300.

I just think the majority of people want a Universal more than they want an SS. A blue 9.0 (yes 9.0) went for $1100 in the May MCS auction. I believe it was a boardie's, too (thumbs u

http://www.mycomicshop.com/search?ItemID=24309311&AffID=798679P01

If you look at their sales data, Sig Series go for less in the same grade. I can totally understand this, as I'd personally prefer to own a copy that didn't have any marker on it. 2c

For me, I prefer my keys to be SS free. If I want an autograph I'm okay with it being on a later issue. I have Kirkman, Moore, Adlard, and others sighed on different issues. Just no keys.

I'm also not a sketch guy on keys...especially on WD1 because the cover is already so busy (but awesome).

Not bashing anyone else who likes it because that is what makes collecting fun...it's very personalized.

That helps to illustrate my point about the mycomicshop WD auctions that ended Thursday. A WD 1 cgc 9.4 SS ended for $960, whereas this eBay blue label was 9.4 and ended at $1,300.

I just think the majority of people want a Universal more than they want an SS. A blue 9.0 (yes 9.0) went for $1100 in the May MCS auction. I believe it was a boardie's, too (thumbs u

If you look at their sales data, Sig Series go for less in the same grade. I can totally understand this, as I'd personally prefer to own a copy that didn't have any marker on it. 2c

They don't.

GPA is very clear on this ... across the board, SS copies of WD sell for more than their blue label counterparts.

The MCS auctions are always hit & miss - sometimes they break records left & right, other times it's steals galore. But their auctions aren't representative of the market as a whole.

Neither is that $1,300 9.4 sale, for that matter.

They don't.

GPA is very clear on this ... across the board, SS copies of WD sell for more than their blue label counterparts.

The MCS auctions are always hit & miss - sometimes they break records left & right, other times it's steals galore. But their auctions aren't representative of the market as a whole.

Neither is that $1,300 9.4 sale, for that matter.

Yup, an SS book will go for more 9 out of 10 times compared to the blue label counterpart.

I suggest PM'ing Dre and asking if he knows if he'll have extras. That way if he does he might be able to hook you up. Otherwise you'll probably have to end up waiting for them to hit eBay. The only other boardie that "may" end up with a few is Ryan.

Yeah your right. I'll figure it out. Thanks Tim..... :foryou:

i swear im the only one that likes Adlards 106 #1 Cover Swipe. lol

I like it but I don't get the inside references to that comic shop I guess. I like it because it's Adlard's 100th issue on the book.