• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The Official The Walking Dead Discussion Thread
13 13

40,452 posts in this topic

Can anyone tell me what a Walking dead #33 Blue Variant is going for atm? Thank you.

Depends on condition, but I would think a low end desirable copy is going to run at least $200.

Thanks Ryan,

it arrived today, at around 65 bucks. (50€) Looks ok, some slight creasing, and on small scuff on the cover... Looks like a reasonable deal.

Can anyone tell me what a Walking dead #33 Blue Variant is going for atm? Thank you.

Depends on condition, but I would think a low end desirable copy is going to run at least $200.

Thanks Ryan,

it arrived today, at around 65 bucks. (50€) Looks ok, some slight creasing, and on small scuff on the cover... Looks like a reasonable deal.

Sounds like a good deal, but condition is everything. I would be happy to own this book, but would really want at least a 9.4 or better. With dark covers like the #33, spine stress and bends can really take away from the visual appeal. When you get into the 9.0/9.2 or lower field you start to see these defects in a noticable fashion. That's why I advocate for 9.4 or better on moderns. I have had 9.4's with no visible defects that I can detect on the cover. The eye appeal is outstanding, but the technical grade is lower.

Here's some graded recent prices on the #33 (2nd)

Jun-08-2013 $600 Cert# 1165088001

Apr-29-2013 $600 Cert# 1164936011

Apr-03-2013 $600 Cert# 0207910001

May-01-2013 $300

Mar-04-2013 $213 Cert# 0204229011

Feb-10-2013 $191 Cert# 0205195001

May-31-2013 $400

Jun-20-2013 $325 Cert# 0212783004

Jun-06-2013 $225 Cert# 0205966010

Apr-16-2013 $200 Cert# 0205966010

Feb-04-2013 $125 Cert# 0198784008

I don't know about everyone else, but I would have loved to be the one that got that 9.6 for $191 on Feb 10th... ( :gossip: or even the $213 9.6 )

Nah its not a butt-load....

The print runs are huge - much, much larger than any other WD variant.

The sole exception would be the WW NY sketch variant - but I'd still be surprised if the print run on that was less than 1,000.

Just stopping in for a question, say I find a large amount of cash to snag a hero initiative , if I sub it to cgc will it get a green or yellow label? I know the artist only did one but cgc did not witness it. What you guys think ?

Just stopping in for a question, say I find a large amount of cash to snag a hero initiative , if I sub it to cgc will it get a green or yellow label? I know the artist only did one but cgc did not witness it. What you guys think ?

If you buy it on eBay and have them send it to CGC, you will get yellow label per the information on the eBay listings. If you buy a raw one after the fact that wasn't graded initially, i'm assuming it'll be green.

What number is huge? 1 k, 5 k considering the print runs of the regular issues is jumping higher and higher? The census isn't giving me much to go on.

I'd say 5K is probably going to be the low # on these.

I thought these were given away to all attendees of the Wizard World shows. If you figure the NY one had 40K attendees, i figure they'd be printing at least that. But I have no actual idea, just guessing.

If you buy on eBay from the Hero Initiative, they'll sub it to CGC for you - and it'll come back in a nice yellow label slab.

If you buy it and get it back raw, then submit to CGC at a later date, it'll get a green label.

What number is huge? 1 k, 5 k considering the print runs of the regular issues is jumping higher and higher? The census isn't giving me much to go on.

I thought these were given away to all attendees of the Wizard World shows. If you figure the NY one had 40K attendees, i figure they'd be printing at least that. But I have no actual idea, just guessing.

:winnah:

There's no chance the print run of any of these variants is less than 10k.

They didn't say every person would get one, it was just till they ran out.

I was at WW Philly - which is the 2nd largest WW show this year - and they were still handing them out to attendees on Sunday. It's beginning to sound like you have a giant stack of these and really, really want them to be rare :lol:

:winnah:

There's no chance the print run of any of these variants is less than 10k.

If so, then why did they do second prints on the Portland variants? Is maybe this one way underprinted compared to the others?

If the print run was so high then why don't you see more than 300 completed sales on ebay? Wouldn't it be closer to 4 k by now?

There were TONS of these in Philly and like Mike said, they were still available on Sunday. Not rare at all. If you're concerned about the book's value, sell now.