• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The Official The Walking Dead Discussion Thread
13 13

40,452 posts in this topic

I wonder what he would take. It's not even complete and he's giving a lot away in fees. 15k?

I saw the collection too and I am going thru A LOT of math to see if it is feasible. lol

Insanely overpriced.

Not that much in fees. ebay changed the rate 10% for sales and 3% for paypal. So $30,000 x .13 = $3900 in fees. Not $15,000

Just did the EBay calculator thing, and the fees on 15k are $250 :sorry:

Jim

Thanks Jim. And, if you have a top rated plus discount that drops it down to $200 in Ebay fees on either 15k or 29k. Another .03 % for paypal on 15k is $450 so $650 in fees on 15k in sales.

Much better than before.

I thought the ebay calculator did a max per item quote. I haven't sold on ebaysince they changed the pricing. Are you saying that the max out of pocket per month is $200 or per item ?

Got my big Walking Dead #1 Tony Moore print signed by a few more Walking Dead cast members today with Scott Wilson and Lew Temple. I will try and get some new pics up shortly. Up to around 13 or 14 sigs now on it.

Also a word of warning to anyone getting sigs from Iron E. Singleton. He was at it again today writing random comments on people's stuff when they ask for just a signature and maybe "T-Dog". He did this to my big print writing some random truth and love comment on it a couple years ago and was doing this to multiple people today including I saw a few comics in which he took up damn near half the book in signing/commenting on it.

:makepoint:

Now Lew Temple was so much fun to hang with that I had to have him sign close to T-Dog on my print and write a funny comment on it to kind of off set T-Dogs dumb remark.

Also with Neal Adams being a last minute addition I was able to get a NM+ copy of the Walking Dead NY Wizard World B&W variant from Dave & Adams Cards (and now comics) via their eBay account.

Great customer service with them, I ordered it a week ago under the commitment that they would ship it UPS 3 day so I would get it in time for this con. Well with SDCC things got way behind and 2 days ago on Thursday it still hadn't shipped. I understood and just said I was cool with a refund but nope, instead they insisted on overnight delivery at no extra cost to get it to me and even gave me a $25 gift card/credit towards my next purchase.

Glad to see such a great group / store crossing over into our comic community.

Not sure if prices are falling or just poor listing skills, but snagged what seems to be a fairly nice copy for a decent price..well see which copy shows up due to the picture though haha

http://www.ebay.com/itm/THE-WALKING-DEAD-27-Comic-Book-NM-1st-FIRST-PRINT-Bagged-Boarded-Near-Mint-/300937204354?_trksid=p2047675.l2557&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEWNX%3AIT&nma=true&si=qx%252F8b8sXEpHsx5AuxCaUdHP%252FxNg%253D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc

Not sure if prices are falling or just poor listing skills, but snagged what seems to be a fairly nice copy for a decent price..well see which copy shows up due to the picture though haha

http://www.ebay.com/itm/THE-WALKING-DEAD-27-Comic-Book-NM-1st-FIRST-PRINT-Bagged-Boarded-Near-Mint-/300937204354?_trksid=p2047675.l2557&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEWNX%3AIT&nma=true&si=qx%252F8b8sXEpHsx5AuxCaUdHP%252FxNg%253D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc

Nice pickup!

Does anybody know when the "Walking Dead 1 10th Anniversary Edition Full Color" is coming out? Didn't know if Dre or somebody would offering this book in CGC fast track like you can snag sometimes. :)

Edited by ChadH

Just checked. Yep, October. 14 covers in that month:

http://www.comicbookresources.com/?page=article&id=46552

THE WALKING DEAD #115

story ROBERT KIRKMAN

art CHARLIE ADLARD & CLIFF RATHBURN

covers CHARLIE ADLARD & DAVE STEWART

ALL-OUT WAR BEGINS!

The biggest storyline in WALKING DEAD history – just in time to celebrate the 10th anniversary of the series! It’s Rick versus Negan with a little help from everyone else!

This issue ships with 12 COVERS!

cover A: standard cover

covers B-K: 10 connecting covers celebrating 10 years of THE WALKING DEAD!

cover L: blank cover

THE WALKING DEAD #1 10th ANNIVERSARY EDITION

story ROBERT KIRKMAN

art / cover TONY MOORE & DAVE STEWART

OCTOBER 2

48 PAGES / FC / M

$5.99

The historic first issue of THE WALKING DEAD presented for the first time in FULL COLOR by colorist extraordinaire DAVE STEWART! Along with the original covers and variants done for this issue throughout the years and tons of other bonus material.

THE WALKING DEAD TYREESE SPECIAL

story ROBERT KIRKMAN

art CHARLIE ADLARD & CLIFF RATHBURN

cover CHARLIE ADLARD & DAVE STEWART

OCTOBER 23

32 PAGES / BW / M

$2.99

Just in time for the premiere of Season Four of the TV show! Tyreese, a character prominently featured in the season, gets a spotlight here. The special issue reprints his first appearance from THE WALKING DEAD #7 as well as a new origin story, first printed in THE WALKING DEAD: FREE COMIC BOOK DAY SPECIAL.

Does anybody know if the Hero Initiative books that are eBay by the organization are guaranteed to be 9.8's? I bought the Ty Templeton book and forgot to tell them I wanted CGC to grade it. I've sent them a eBay message and email. Hoping that they get it in time. :ohnoez:

Does anybody know if the Hero Initiative books that are eBay by the organization are guaranteed to be 9.8's? I bought the Ty Templeton book and forgot to tell them I wanted CGC to grade it. I've sent them a eBay message and email. Hoping that they get it in time. :ohnoez:

The Hero Initiative doesn't guarantee any specific grades on the sketched books.

The Hero Initiative doesn't guarantee any specific grades on the sketched books.

Well, here's hoping my get's a 9.8. :makepoint:

I do hope they catch my message in time. I doubt if I got the book and submitted it myself that CGC would recognize the SS and it would get a "qualified" grade.

I do hope they catch my message in time. I doubt if I got the book and submitted it myself that CGC would recognize the SS and it would get a "qualified" grade.

Then send it back to HI to submit... I bet they would help.

Then send it back to HI to submit... I bet they would help.

That's what I'm going to do. I paid right when the auction ended. As I said I emailed them and sent an eBay message. I also haven't gotten a "shipped" notification or a tracking number so maybe they haven't shipped it. I'm sure if they haven't then I can pay them and they go ahead and submit it.