• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The Official The Walking Dead Discussion Thread
13 13

40,452 posts in this topic

That 9.9 lister needs to be smacked for using that stupid L@@K moniker. Do they really think that drives sales? Anytime I see that in the listing I don't even bother wasting my time with it.

:golfclap: agree totally

It's funny how we all our WD fans and still know a better valuable item when we see one. I still can't wrap my head around the fact that a 2003 comic is worth more than a 50 year old comic.......

A WD fan but not sure whether the WD#1 will still be as valuable in 50 years time hm

It's funny how we all our WD fans and still know a better valuable item when we see one. I still can't wrap my head around the fact that a 2003 comic is worth more than a 50 year old comic.......

A WD fan but not sure whether the WD#1 will still be as valuable in 50 years time hm

Considering how many have been slabbed, they will last a lot longer in pristine condition. Preservation wise they'll never age but who knows long term on any moderns.

Considering how many have been slabbed, they will last a lot longer in pristine condition. Preservation wise they'll never age but who knows long term on any moderns.

Imagine finding in 50 years time finding the slab killed the book ! :o. Only raw books survived...ta da da.... :fear:

It isn't though - nobody is going to pay his asking price.

Ok but what about the #1 that sold for $10k?

It isn't though - nobody is going to pay his asking price.

Ok but what about the #1 that sold for $10k?

Fair point - although I'd argue you have to have consistency of price over a certain period of time to say that something is "worth" $X for these purposes. You'd probably need to compare the same books in the same grade as well to decide whether one was worth more than the other (impossible as there is no 9.9 AF15!).

Of course, the counterargument is that it's worth whatever someone's prepared to pay for it. So if some collector out there loses their mind and hits the BIN, well, that's what it's worth!

That Kweon HI cover is listed and holy god is it sitting at a high BIN. Don't get me wrong it's a gorgeous book but when the proceeds aren't going to charity and its a 7.5 grade, I think the majority will be passing.

Do you have a link?

Dale Kweon HI eBay auction

Check that out. Sick artist, sick cover, stupid pricing. :screwy:

New WD art at splash..........I hope in a few days all the good pgs. are gone. Go get'em guys and do me a favor. I'm going to try and stay clean of walking dead for 90 days. God help me. I'm on day one. :(