• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The Official The Walking Dead Discussion Thread
13 13

40,452 posts in this topic

hey guys. soooo got another sketch cover done and its too badass not to share.. glen sawing the walkers head off is just insane.. and all the little details..

15mihyu.jpg

NICE!!

thanks. this is prob my new fave. and hes doing one more for me as we speak. cant wait to see it.

Well if I don't see it relisted I'll believe it (thumbs u

The last black label sold for 1800 two weeks ago, just seems nuts for a $1500 Jump!

Look at the bidding. Why would I put a super high bid that I would likely get stuck with? If I was shilling, don't you think I would have stopped at $3k, if not sooner, and not $3700?!

I understand your concern for shilling and I would probably be suspicious too. I think I was just fortunate. Right time, right place kind of things.

Dang, the slabbed TWD #100 HI covers by Caldwell, DeCastro & Kessel all ended significantly lower than the raw prices they originally sold for!

:ohnoez:

Yup. Looks like over $1K lower than original prices combined. I actually thought it'd be lower than that.

Dang, the slabbed TWD #100 HI covers by Caldwell, DeCastro & Kessel all ended significantly lower than the raw prices they originally sold for!

:ohnoez:

Yup. Looks like over $1K lower than original prices combined. I actually thought it'd be lower than that.

I didn't think they'd sell for a crazy profit, but did think they'd sell for a bit more than the first go round. With these I didn't really believe that the grade would matter much and prices would be more reflective of the fact they're a one-of-a-kind books from a hot title and all that jazz...

Why'd you think they'd sell for less HR?

Why'd you think they'd sell for less HR?

I think they sold lower for a few reasons:

1 - money not going to a charity (auctions for charites receive a bump in price)

2 - lower grades (i.e. not 9.8).

Those two reasons (mainly #1). I thought most would end in the 300-500 range when first announced. Not the 700-1500 range.

Edit: Also, because if i'm not in it for the registry, there are 109 blanks and soon to be 115 blanks that I can get a cool sketch on and pay way less. Now that the books are in the hands of re-sellers and not a charity, i'd rather pay $ directly to an artist to draw something.

Edited by HugeRosen

Wow ... some people are going to be happy if their OA is now also a cover!

... betting the telephone scene ends up on there ;)

which telephone scene would that be hm

And someone pls remind me what # was going to be coloured ? (and hook me up with a reader copy for a project :wishluck: )