• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The Official The Walking Dead Discussion Thread
13 13

40,454 posts in this topic

Sorry to be off topic. But I know I can :cry: to you guys in here. But I'm trying to complete a run starting with 100 to current, all 9.8's. So I send in 101, 102, 104, 105, 107, 109, & 113 to be graded. All come back 9.8 except 104 9.6.....wtf (shrug) These were perfect books...:cry: Oh well......carry on....no need to see me cry. lol

You should just join Dre's 9.8 service. Probably cheaper and guaranteed. (If he is still taking new customers (shrug) )

Edited by Awax

Sorry to be off topic. But I know I can :cry: to you guys in here. But I'm trying to complete a run starting with 100 to current, all 9.8's. So I send in 101, 102, 104, 105, 107, 109, & 113 to be graded. All come back 9.8 except 104 9.6.....wtf (shrug) These were perfect books...:cry: Oh well......carry on....no need to see me cry. lol

I guess 6 out of 7 isnt too bad.

You should just join Dre's 9.8 service. Probably cheaper and guaranteed. (If he is still taking new customers (shrug) )

Yeah but I don't know if Dre takes anymore WD subscribers, at least that's what I've read. And also I'm a CGC subscriber, so I get 10% off submissions. I usually use Modern FT so the books after shipping there and back with insurance is usually around $33 a book. I live 2 hours exactly east of CGC so the shipping isn't as bad. A current WD 9.8 is around $49.99 from sellers, so I think I have a better shot at subbing myself.

Retro, do you ever drive to save on $$? I live in Tampa, and I'll save up enough books to do a 9.8 prescreen (you need at least 50). For the difference per book between mailing it and direct drop-off ($33 - $25 = $7), the savings would quickly out weigh the cost of gas.

2 hours from CGC @ 60 MPH = 120 miles

120 miles / 30 MPG = 4 gallons

4 gallons X $4 / gallon = $16

$16 X 4 legs of the journey = $64

$4 in gas / $7 savings per book = about 9 books to break even

I would drive there more often but I work 8-4:20 M-F and they are only open 8-5 M-F.

Yeah but I don't know if Dre takes anymore WD subscribers, at least that's what I've read. And also I'm a CGC subscriber, so I get 10% off submissions. I usually use Modern FT so the books after shipping there and back with insurance is usually around $33 a book. I live 2 hours exactly east of CGC so the shipping isn't as bad. A current WD 9.8 is around $49.99 from sellers, so I think I have a better shot at subbing myself.

How about this board member? I buy new slabs here. I dont worry about 9.6s :baiting:http://coleminecomics.com/?gclid=CP-eidfMv7kCFYmf4AodBF8Awg

2013 saw the exit of a LOT of collectors on this message board, thats for sure. Well, at least the ones that participate

Do you think it was the prices that shot up? Or people just getting out at its height and selling? I have bought from some of those collectors in the beginning. On a good note I have seen new collectors and have been contacted by a few. So I think that's good.

I honestly think it is the deterioration of the writing that has turned off collectors. I haven't been interested in buying a new page in about 2 or 3 years. TWD still has its moments but they are few and far between. This comic will always hold a special place in my heart but I feel like I am watching a favorite athlete play past his prime.

@bffnut.... Can I really just go there and do a walk through? I actually have considered it but didn't know if it was actually possible. Can I really just drive there at 8am, walk in and get multiple books slabbed in 1 day?

:popcorn:

I wasn't referring to a walk thru. I mean, you are able to drive down there and have a walk thru done, but the price on a modern will be at least $135 after the 10% discount. I was referring to driving there, dropping the books off, then driving back about two weeks later once they have been encapsulated (thus the 4 legs of the journey: there and back again X 2).

Plus, with driving there to drop them off, you don't have to worry about USPS/UPS/FedEx damaging the books from mishandlement or losing them outright.

2013 saw the exit of a LOT of collectors on this message board, thats for sure. Well, at least the ones that participate

Do you think it was the prices that shot up? Or people just getting out at its height and selling? I have bought from some of those collectors in the beginning. On a good note I have seen new collectors and have been contacted by a few. So I think that's good.

I honestly think it is the deterioration of the writing that has turned off collectors. I haven't been interested in buying a new page in about 2 or 3 years. TWD still has its moments but they are few and far between. This comic will always hold a special place in my heart but I feel like I am watching a favorite athlete play past his prime.

I gotta be honest

In the preview,

Rick has no reason to believe that was Andrea that fell from the tower. The Rick I know wouldn't have cowered like that. What happened to strong in charge Rick?

I also don't get what the big deal with Negan is.

I get it. He's the new antagonist, but the game he's playing with Rick has gotten really old. Why he hasn't bashed his head in by now is still a mystery.

Why doesn't he just find out if Rick had guts like he did with Spencer?

That would fit the narrative better.

I think the collectors are still there, just not as pumped about what's going on now because like Claudio said, it's past it's prime.

There's a chance Kirkman may make me change my perception. But I doubt he'll do better than the conclusion of the prison arc.

I also don't get what the big deal with Negan is.

I get it. He's the new antagonist, but the game he's playing with Rick has gotten really old. Why he hasn't bashed his head in by now is still a mystery.

Why doesn't he just find out if Rick had guts like he did with Spencer?

That would fit the narrative better.

in the last few issues Negan explains to Rick why he doesn't. Can't remember which issue

I think the collectors are still there, just not as pumped about what's going on now because like Claudio said, it's past it's prime.

There's a chance Kirkman may make me change my perception. But I doubt he'll do better than the conclusion of the prison arc.

Edited by Awax

How about this board member? I buy new slabs here. I dont worry about 9.6s :baiting:http://coleminecomics.com/?gclid=CP-eidfMv7kCFYmf4AodBF8Awg

Just subscribed to a WD 9.8 subscription

Messaged the guy and he was very helpful

International shipping is fairly reasonable too which is awesome

Thanks a lot for the suggestion Junkdrawer!