• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The Official The Walking Dead Discussion Thread
13 13

40,452 posts in this topic

why arent we up to 120?

im sure there were delays. theres a reason the original artist never seems to last more then six books on a book (see: Marve NOW Deadpool) before "moving on"

I really don't know the answer yet TBP. I will get to the bottom of this and figure it out exactly what happened. bffnut has given me a lead, so I'm gonna follow that. brb

Maybe I haven't done enough research on the walking dead, but I just thought of something.

10 years = 120 months

If WD is issued monthly, then shouldn't we be at issue #120? Did I miss something? I must have. Anyone? Thanks

Yes you did miss something. Fortunately we have managed to keep it from you up until now both here and on the internet in general. The rest of the world is 5 issues ahead of you!

Are you serious? Think of all the OA I have missed. Thanks Garf without your help I would have been broke, divorced, and homeless. Thank you for holding back. :foryou: (thumbs u

hehe

I just went through the entire run and found that there was a lot of 2 month gaps in between books release dates. Some issues were even released twice a month followed by a non-released month. I didn't keep track of all issues and figure out when it stopped. I haven't been collecting since the beginning , but I have been since #91 and there has yet to be a 2 month gap. Man I would hate to wait 2 months in between issues. Anyways, here's some examples of the gaps I'm talking about... Hope this helps for those who don't know. I can't even fathom what it takes to write, draw, ink, produce, distribute, etc for a book once a month.

#1 - #18 All monthly

#18 April 2005

No book released in May 2005

#19 June 2005

#20 July 2005

#21 August 2005

No book released in Sept. 2005

#22 October 2005

#23 & #24 Both released in November 2005

No Book released in December 2005

#25 Jan 2006

No book released in February 2006

#26 March 2006

#27 April 2006

No book released in May 2006

#28 & #29 both released in June 2006

No book released in July 2006

#30 August 2006

Edited by retrothecollector

Man that is cool........nice one Garf :o

yeah.... err good luck with that ;)

edit: seriously though it would be cool but Wrightson would be wasted on a blank ... still cool though.

Edited by Garf

Anyone else feel like the storytelling gets more and more decompressed as the story goes on? When this series started it had a fairly brisk pace, with slower periods and longer scenes to add emphasis in certain spots. I feel like the arcs have grown more drawn out, and the overall story has been grindingly slow for about a year or two. I feel like I'm always waiting for the next arc. I hate to say it, but I feel like Kirkman's books are falling into the trap that event books usually suffer. Am I alone in this feeling?

(oooh the art is up on Splash... still think there is better stuff to come in AoW i.e. key moments but certainly a couple of memorable ones here)

edit: :whistle: $617 per page avg. Would have been slightly higher if p12 was there.

Edited by Garf