• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The Official The Walking Dead Discussion Thread
13 13

40,452 posts in this topic

I saw an interview with RK and he was asked about the AOW arc. The interviewer asked him "Where should people start reading back issues so they can understand what's going to come of this arc?" (something like that). And he replied along the lines of mentioning where Holly was introduced (again something like that). Man I wish I could find that interview

Someone's actually bid $10k on this...

Anyone else think that is idiotic?

Yes. It doesn't even look like it is signed on the slab (which I think is :sick:) but on the sleeve/mylar. Double :sick: I'm guessing the bid is not real. 25% of the bidders total bids are with that seller.

Someone's actually bid $10k on this...

Anyone else think that is idiotic?

Yes. It doesn't even look like it is signed on the slab (which I think is :sick:) but on the sleeve/mylar. Double :sick: I'm guessing the bid is not real. 25% of the bidders total bids are with that seller.

Nah, it's signed on the slab. 25% isn't suspicious when we're talking 1 bid out of 4! Not saying it's not a shill, but that certainly doesn't prove it.

You are right. The glare looked like a bag to me, but on second inspection it is not.

I guess getting things signed on the slab is an okay alternative to cracking it, getting it signed, and pay more grading fees for a yellow label or green label. It wouldn't be preference, though.

I also have a hard time seeing someone bid 10k on it. But to each his own.

I guess getting things signed on the slab is an okay alternative to cracking it, getting it signed, and pay more grading fees for a yellow label or green label. It wouldn't be preference, though.

Not really, though. The COA isn't worth the paper it's printed on and what happens when the slab gets scratched or dinged up? Complete waste of money.

You are right. The glare looked like a bag to me, but on second inspection it is not.

I don't think there is an extra CGC charge for grading yellow or green (or purple). There might be sig charges from respective people but nothing extra from CGC except, of course, if you are grading the same book multiple times as you accumulate sigs.

That said, and I think most of us agree, that it is a waste of money (and time). :facepalm:

I don't think there is an extra CGC charge for grading yellow or green (or purple). There might be sig charges from respective people but nothing extra from CGC except, of course, if you are grading the same book multiple times as you accumulate sigs.

That said, and I think most of us agree, that it is a waste of money (and time). :facepalm:

SS moderns cost an extra $10 to grade - guess he could have set the price at $10,010 to compensate :)