• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The Official The Walking Dead Discussion Thread
13 13

40,452 posts in this topic

who cares if Gregory is dead or not? he was a traitor, why would Ricks group care?

It just jarred while I was reading - there's no scream from Gregory, no zombie attack, no reaction from Rick's group, no close up of a body splattered on the ground... like it was a total afterthought.

yes, i will give you that.

Sorry to interrupt all the art chat, but did anyone notice that issue #115 #116 was released yesterday?

Thought it was a good read. Plenty of action and the promise of plenty more to come.

"I hope you're wearing your ting pants" was a great line!

One minor gripe:

It seems crazy to me that Rick wouldn't have explained to his troops the part of the plan that involved him crashing through the gates. It obviously took even Michonne and Holly by surprise.

Perhaps he thought they would try to stop him because they'd be worried he would kill himself and would want to keep him as a leader/figurehead - but surely it would be just as disruptive for them to be taken by surprise? Especially since he didn't leave any (public) clear instructions as to who would be in charge in his absence...

Also, is Gregory dead or what? The height of the platform that Negan kicked him off seemed to change from very high up to not very high up between panels, so not clear if he would have been killed by his fall.

Fixed for you... It was 116. And yes it rocked!!!

Gregory was kicked into the zombie pit (where Doug was) :baiting::gossip:

I also find it odd that

they didn't actually show Gregory die. They didn't really even have a panel of him falling. For all we know, Negan could have just kicked him on to the ground.

I do believe that he fell to his death, I just don't understand why they didn't show it. There didn't even seem to be much of a reaction from Rick's group

biggest line in the story for me (us?) was Rick guessing as to why Negan keeps letting him off the hook (and saving TWD as Ricks story! that Negan wants Rick alive. Because in reality, a troublemaker like Rick would have ben shot 20 issues ago. Kirkman is telling us why HE lets Rick keep surviving cause he knows it doesn't make any sense for a killer like Negan to let him live.

also, um, is it realistic that nobody took (or ever) takes a shot at Negan when they get the chance?? In this issue, Negans men open fire first... missing Rick? Were they told to spare Rick too? Nitpicky I know....just like it better when it makes sense. Negan and Rick are the keys to each sides victory, especially Negan for Rick. Kill him any chance you get! Then go to NYC and see whats happening already Its an island, could be paradise!

Edited by aman619

without going back through probably 200 pages I have missed out on, has the latest TPB been released? I am not caught up on my reading, spending on my efforts building my bronze & silver age marvel collection.

i like to see the Art here.

i do not like using spoiler tags.

+1..........I like to get it all at one place. We do talk about the story and collecting the comics. But for me I just am blown away by the zombie pg. that was just posted...BTW thanks for posting it,Mark had taken it dowm by the time I got to the site.