• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The Official The Walking Dead Discussion Thread
13 13

40,452 posts in this topic

Interesting article... Negan has been around for 2 years. Time flies. Amazing. I share some of his feelings about the quality of TWD since the prison arc but TWD is still the first comic I read the week it is released.

http://www.craveonline.com/comics/reviews/603579-the-walking-dead-116

Ugh, I disagree with this guy. It's not a snore fest and I find Negan to be much different than the Gov. I like the Gov story arc better but i'm hoping AoW turns out to really be great.

Right now the comic is holding my attention more than the show.

+1 love the book and still look forward to it. I find the show dull in comparison.

I have shared the addiction with someone as well. My wife's best friend. Let her read all the trades I have. My wife will read them one day, but her school and work consume her right now.

my girl is on issue 27. I think I put them all on her tablet she loves the show not much of a reader but she is slowly going through them all. :applause:

My favorite quote from the article:

"No one at AMC is confirming anything, while creator Robert Kirkman, who will also oversee the spinoff, would only say that the location and cast will be completely different from The Walking Dead, telling IGN:

It definitely won’t be set in Georgia… It’s important to us that this show exists on its own. The spin-off has to be a show worthy of existing, or else we’ve all sold out."

:whistle: It's a free country and no one is forcing anyone to buy or watch anything but it's clear that they sold out already as late as issue 100 with a zillion covers followed up recently with a zillion covers on #115 if not sooner. Monoply WD games, multiple marketing opportunities, WD Escape, video games, etc.

It's still the first comic I would read each month because of its overall quality and again, it's a free country and Kirkman can do with his product what he wants but I wish he would stop talking not selling out. That horse left that barn many moons ago.

Edited by Stumptown

Something to get you guys talking this morning.

BZYCQ6qCUAEmA1_.jpg

I saw this.. wtf?

I am a sucker for this sort of thing. I'll be checking back daily.

Yeah, they said "We’ll reveal more each day this week!"

Ughh..I have to wait a whole week??!

Something to get you guys talking this morning.

BZYCQ6qCUAEmA1_.jpg

Hopefully it's not another variant or round of variants.

Do you think it might be a spin-off?

If it did spin off... On the screen or otherwise would people want to see before the outbreak proper? Has Kirkman ever mentioned that he knows the whole backstory already? We see it quite often that writers craft the larger exterior story to help them through the process of writing the core.

ummm....was looking at the issue 36 pg.16 and 17 on ebay and have to ask something. At first I thought it was two pgs side by side. But its a 11x17 on its side. Was it done this way in the early OA? I mean it does not look like a normal double page spread. Kind of two different things going on in each side. I have double page splashes and double page spreads.But this seems different.

(shrug)

ummm....was looking at the issue 36 pg.16 and 17 on ebay and have to ask something. At first I thought it was two pgs side by side. But its a 11x17 on its side. Was it done this way in the early OA? I mean it does not look like a normal double page spread. Kind of two different things going on in each side. I have double page splashes and double page spreads.But this seems different.

(shrug)

I apologise in advance if this is a stupid question but what is

Adlard large art ?

Adlard small art?

Is it not that all original art pages are he same size?

Again sorry. :insane:

Not a stupid question. It's kinda weird what they did actually.

Issues 7 - 35 11x17 in. paper.

Issue 36 - Two Pages drawn horizontally on one 11x17 in page.

Issues 37 - 40 - 8 1/2 by 14 in paper.

Issue 41 - first half drawn on 8 1/2 by 14 in. paper, second half has two pages drawn horizontally on one 11x17 in paper.

From issue 42 on, he's only used 8 1/2 by 14 in. paper.

:foryou: