• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The Official The Walking Dead Discussion Thread
13 13

40,452 posts in this topic

Not much you can do right now, nor anything others can do for you right now, I think. Fear not though, a similar thing happened to me, I didn't accept but didn't see the request, so after a few days it automatically accepted and one of my books was transferred to some person_who_is_obnoxiously_self-impressed whose username I cannot remember.

I had to email CGC proof I was the owner of the book and not the dirtbag who "borrowed" the registry number. They handled it and the number was reverted to its rightful owner, me!

Not much you can do right now, nor anything others can do for you right now, I think. Fear not though, a similar thing happened to me, I didn't accept but didn't see the request, so after a few days it automatically accepted and one of my books was transferred to some person_who_is_obnoxiously_self-impressed whose username I cannot remember.

I had to email CGC proof I was the owner of the book and not the dirtbag who "borrowed" the registry number. They handled it and the number was reverted to its rightful owner, me!

Thanks ebtorres. What CGC email did you use? Please and thank you.

Roninduelist is a board member and sits high on the registry list. If I had to guess, he bought it from Dre on eBay too and used the stock photo to add the slab to his registry. But that's just a guess. Or maybe this is how he got so high on the registry.

Here is his profile.

http://boards.collectors-society.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showprofile&User=24878

I would assume it was an honest mistake.

Yeah stock photo or if it came from Dre it could be one number off. Most likely just a mistake. He's got a great collection and I can't see that it was willful. But that's just a " IMO". I sometimes add before I get the comic but after I pay.

Yea thanks guys. I emailed him already and looked at his profile. Lets hope he replies to me. I'll be home sometime today where I can get to my computer and do more. I'm on my phone. I was super nice to him and asked if he could please remove the book from his registry. He has 12 post..... And he's ranked #2 (shrug) that's my book!!!!!

Attention: Spoke to the board member and it was an error. It was Dre who has a stock photo for 111 and the board member has deleted the book from his registry. Please excuse me if i seemed hostile, I meant no harm to him. Just I've heard of peeps stealing certification numbers and claiming them for their own.

Now I need to go and double check that # to see if it's correct. hm

We all have fish that got away from us, don't let it bug you too much. Chances are there is going to be something else that is a good deal that will turn up for you. You know this is true because you check the sales boards and bay all the time.