• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The Official The Walking Dead Discussion Thread
13 13

40,452 posts in this topic

I purchased WD1-100 first prints and the Retailer Appreciation variant back in October for 3k. In your guys opinion was this a good price or did I over pay. Each issue is 9.4 or better.

That seems decent to me. A little more info on the key grades would be helpful to know the value. Also, how many have actually been signed/slabbed?

I purchased WD1-100 first prints and the Retailer Appreciation variant back in October for 3k. In your guys opinion was this a good price or did I over pay. Each issue is 9.4 or better.

It all really depends on issues #1 and #2. If those two grade at a 9.8, 3-100 can be garbage and you'll still easily make out. I've bought and sold a few larger runs of at least 1-48, and how good of a deal it is is pretty dependent on just those two books graded.

It all really depends on issues #1 and #2. If those two grade at a 9.8, 3-100 can be garbage and you'll still easily make out. I've bought and sold a few larger runs of at least 1-48, and how good of a deal it is is pretty dependent on just those two books graded.

Here are some pics of 1 and 2:

image_zps4f9231ca.jpg

image_zpsb11647ff.jpg

All issues were this condition or better.

Hey all. I'm reaching out to the boardies today to see if I could get your opinion on what you think one of these "Hero Initiative" Walking Deads would be worth.

I got this one (Chrissy Zullo) on the ebay auction that was run by Hero Initiative. I think i paid like $600-$700 for it. It's currently in the clutches of CGC after adding Kirkmans auto (worship)

7AD84330-EF04-4A08-97E1-92430A0CCB44.jpg

Did you see the ones on ebay? Some individual_without_enough_empathy has them priced from $5,000 to $10,000!

lol

Well played Jimmy!

Hey all. I'm reaching out to the boardies today to see if I could get your opinion on what you think one of these "Hero Initiative" Walking Deads would be worth.

I got this one (Chrissy Zullo) on the ebay auction that was run by Hero Initiative. I think i paid like $600-$700 for it. It's currently in the clutches of CGC after adding Kirkmans auto (worship)

Did you see the ones on ebay? Some individual_without_enough_empathy has them priced from $5,000 to $10,000!

Yeah it's a bit OTT what some people are asking for them. I managed to get £1500 for my one which was the Tony Parker payed about $1300 (£900) so when I received the offer on ebay I was very happy and accepted straight away, mine was a 9.8 btw. I think for one which is a 9.6 and ended up auctioning for a bit cheaper you could still get between $1-2k. It is a very nice cover you have there and I'm sure the Kirkman sig will add value!

Edited by krazykris7

Here are some pics of 1 and 2:

image_zps4f9231ca.jpg

image_zpsb11647ff.jpg

All issues were this condition or better.

Why not send in #1 and #2 and get them graded?

Yeah it's a bit OTT what some people are asking for them. I managed to get £1500 for my one which was the Tony Parker payed about $1300 (£900) so when I received the offer on ebay I was very happy and accepted straight away, mine was a 9.8 btw. I think for one which is a 9.6 and ended up auctioning for a bit cheaper you could still get between $1-2k. It is a very nice cover you have there and I'm sure the Kirkman sig will add value!

Thanks a bunch! I was happy to get this one. I bid on about 20 different covers and this is the only one that landed in my range. It never hurts to have Kirkman throw his John Hancock on it.

9.8 was a great score. I notice most of them posted on eBay are 9.4 or well below. I was very happy to get mine back at 9.6 :whee:

Retro this one is for you :sorry:

oGhyjcbS_2901142300101.jpg

Every time I see this I get sad. Had a chance to buy from mark for a fraction of what it would sell for now. That was before the price increase, too. Nice pickup!

Yea thanks James, but I really honestly don't care for it. I like Abe, but he's not my favorite. I'll show you what I really want, THIS

Thought it was you that liked Abe........ hm maybe it was TBP