• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The Official The Walking Dead Discussion Thread
13 13

40,454 posts in this topic

Final point: I remember Mark from SplashPage saying it, but Charlie's been KILLING it lately. His pencil's are incredibly tight, and I think the art's been as good as it's ever been.

James got an incredible, grail worthy page here. Everytime I see it, a part of me gets bummed I didn't pick it up. I think it's one of Charlie's best pieces from the entire run:

dIHM7hnK_2001142223351.jpg

I like the fact that it gives Charlie more time (I assume he gets more free time).

I know I would be getting a little burnt out meeting the deadlines. Hope he does not over fill the made up space with to much "other" work that takes away from the Dead. I like what the two are doing for the Dead and look forward to seeing where it goes.

BTW anyone know how to join two scans? Or an easy program I could download? I looked at one program and thought it would take me hours to get it down. I love the large boards they are using but some splashes and DPS are huge.........

BTW anyone know how to join two scans? Or an easy program I could download? I looked at one program and thought it would take me hours to get it down. I love the large boards they are using but some splashes and DPS are huge.........

Just ask Mark for the scans after you buy the page. lol:baiting:

Just ask Mark for the scans after you buy the page. lol:baiting:

Not sure what he uses to scan but mine seem to be clearer.A much more crispy white. :baiting:

Not from him direct but when I download the pics from his site.......

is it just me, or has this thread become 90% about OA? (no hate, just saying) it takes me a while to find discussions on the actual comic itself. anyways, i haven't read walking dead since issue 114. i've decided to wait until 126 comes out, then read it all at once.

Edited by Hawkman

is it just me, or has this thread become 90% about OA? (no hate, just saying) it takes me a while to find discussions on the actual comic itself. anyways, i haven't read walking dead since issue 114. i've decided to wait until 126 comes out, then read it all at once.

Yes-- it's very OA based, but given the fact that people like you haven't read since 114, we want to be conscious about throwing out spoilers. (thumbs u

Considering that one of the boardies alone is edging towards owning 3.5% of the interiors from this comic and it would not surprise me if collectively the board was approaching or surpassing 10% which is pretty crazy... it stands to reason there is going to be a strong bias towards discussing it even though not everyone wants to show off what they own.

I am more into the collecting part of the Dead but like to hear about pretty much anything. Holding off to read more then one issue is great if you can wait. I just started to read it current now on my computer....kind of liking it that way. I set it to go by each panel and it gives me a slower read. I like the fact that I tend to focus more on the panel and not distracted by whats going on in the other panels. Wish I could download the issue to my computer to be able to cut and paste some of the killer moments. I think it would be cool to make up some cool key moments and paste them back to look like à page out of the Comic.

As far as the story goes l'm liking it.If Rick were to get killed off I would lose no sleep. I would still read it and feel there are other people that could start to carry the story.Alot of people dont or didnt like the new villian when he was first brought on in issue 100

I have grown to like him more with time and his double crossing side kick.

I think you hit on the reason for minimal discussion in your own thread. IMO the world building is pretty complete. There isn't much to "think about;" at this point we're just along for the ride. You don't need to read each issue 2-3 times, so you can plow through 12 issues in one sitting with ease.

I know many folks who only read WD in trade format because the book reads so quickly. In terms of the storyline, what is there to talk about other than "that happened - I did or didn't see that coming!" To me, that is not a negative, it's just where we are in the life cycle of the book.

Now back to OA, someone please post something new they picked up...

I think you hit on the reason for minimal discussion in your own thread. IMO the world building is pretty complete. There isn't much to "think about;" at this point we're just along for the ride. You don't need to read each issue 2-3 times, so you can plow through 12 issues in one sitting with ease.

I know many folks who only read WD in trade format because the book reads so quickly. In terms of the storyline, what is there to talk about other than "that happened - I did or didn't see that coming!" To me, that is not a negative, it's just where we are in the life cycle of the book.

Now back to OA, someone please post something new they picked up...

Have always regretted not having an older 17 x 11 seeing as several were still on Splash when I first started looking. Still regret it considering the current competition for them has pushed them out of reach... with all due respect I hate you guys sometimes ;)

Can't recall which one I haven't posted before out of the original ones that I have. I know this one has been here already and I am exceptionally grateful that Jerry made it available.

YT3svwX.jpg

CLICK FOR MUCH BIGGERERER

... as Jerry mentioned the first time this was posted the last 3 panels are stats but each stat has hand drawn zombies and a fleeing Tyreese on them. In the picture (particularly in the second panel) you can see the background is a shiny black and raised compared to the characters.

Here's a bit to read that won't have been posted before. I imagine that in 2006 this page started life in Shrewsbury when Charlie was drawing it before it was shipped off from the UK to Mark in the USA (I haven't asked Mark about this, just assuming). It was bought by the original owner the following year at SDCC in 2007 for $40! He was literally on his way out from SDCC to hail a cab and pretty much tapped out at the end of his time there. Mark's stand was en route to the exit from where he was and this was his last purchase of the day, luckily he stopped to take another last look and found a page where the price was right. Eventually it arrived half way across the USA in San Antonio but only about 4 hours South of Mark Hay / Splash Page... and there it lived... until 2013 when it took a trip to New York completing it's journey to the other side of the country.

It only stopped there for a few months and is now back in Blighty. I think I need to plant a tree to account for the carbon footprint guilt I am feeling holding it. Anyway, I'll get around to noting that all down on the back of the frame not this weekend but the one after. It was amusing to dig up the history on it (which didn't go that far back). I don't know if this link will work properly but HERE is the journey, you may have to zoom out.

This isn't the first time I have dug up the trail of things I have collected for me or others. The biggest journey by far was from factory to hand an original Counter Strike 1.6 mint in box via Valve HQ (to get signed by one of the creators) then over to one of my brothers in Germany that is a bit of an FPS nut.

:blahblah:

Wait for the invasion from the Alaska/Canada coalition. Think about it - relatively small, dispersed population over a large land mass with a cold winter, resources rich, and large number of military installations. Whatever roamers are not killed off by the wildlife would be easy pickings for the living population and/or they would freeze during winters up here. Based on that, the only logical next step will be for us Northerners to slowly expand south and gobble up territory due to our intact military and energy infrastructure. :sumo: