• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The Official The Walking Dead Discussion Thread
13 13

40,452 posts in this topic

:o I forgot about that issue 54 page 14 was ending tonight :sorry:

It was a pretty sweet page

Yeah.

I posted this in comics general, but

I think we're finally seeing some price corrections on original art.

This went for $765.

This for $399 didn't even sell.

This is at $2100, likely to end at that price.

I disagree. I hardly think that a few pages constitute a "price correction." Wasn't it just a few months ago we saw a Tyreese and Michonne page go for $1200-1300 on eBay? There weren't any zombies on that one either. While the two examples you provided do have zombies, the one that didn't sell lacks major characters and the other has kind of an odd looking zombie in my opinion. I'm not trying to knock on these pages but I just don't think they're representative of Adlard's best work, and thus a poor gauge for the market as a whole. I'm also curious as to why you think it's likely that the Tyreese page on Comiclink is likely to end at that price. Only time will tell, but I wouldn't be surprised to see it go a bit higher. Plenty of time left... Anyway, my 2c .

I don't think there's anything near of a correction going on. The Walking Dead is arguably the most desirable modern art properties of the past 30 years. There are some incredible artists who's work is a dime a dozen and readily available, yet mundane pieces from TWD draw tons of bids and prices.

The price/market is pretty stable for higher end pieces (covers, major splashes, TM art, memorable Charlie art). It's the in-betweeners that have me scratching my head at times. That Michonne/Tyrese page is a classic example. No idea how that went so high.

Case in point: I seriously have no idea how high my page will go that's up now. Could easily be $800. Could be $1,200. Maybe it'll sit at $400? No idea.

Edited by ComicsNYC22

There are some incredible artists who's work is a dime a dozen and readily available, yet mundane pieces from TWD draw tons of bids and prices.

But this is my point. The Abraham page sold for $750 and the other page didn't even get bids.

The price/market is pretty stable for higher end pieces (covers, major splashes, TM art, memorable Charlie art).

Exactly. Look at the page on CLink. Great page and it's over 2k.

It's the in-betweeners that have me scratching my head at times. That Michonne/Tyrese page is a classic example. No idea how that went so high.

It was 11x17. Early Michonne. Great dialogue, and drawn well.

Case in point: I seriously have no idea how high my page will go that's up now. Could easily be $800. Could be $1,200. Maybe it'll sit at $400? No idea.

This is true. And honestly, I think you guys are right that the page on Clink will fare more.

I was simply trying to point out that it seems like there's some correction on prices. At least with the pieces that are B+ and below.

i think its AWESOME!!!!

Oh, it's definitely awesome, but still a little :insane:

I would've thought it sweet to own the book, because of the craziness it represents, but man $754 is a lot more than I thought it would go for.

(thumbs u

There are some incredible artists who's work is a dime a dozen and readily available, yet mundane pieces from TWD draw tons of bids and prices.

But this is my point. The Abraham page sold for $750 and the other page didn't even get bids.

The price/market is pretty stable for higher end pieces (covers, major splashes, TM art, memorable Charlie art).

Exactly. Look at the page on CLink. Great page and it's over 2k.

It's the in-betweeners that have me scratching my head at times. That Michonne/Tyrese page is a classic example. No idea how that went so high.

It was 11x17. Early Michonne. Great dialogue, and drawn well.

This is true. And honestly, I think you guys are right that the page on Clink will fare more.

I was simply trying to point out that it seems like there's some correction on prices. At least with the pieces that are B+ and below.

I'm sorry man, but the Michonne page was just not worth that much to me. Early page, yes, but no Rick, no zombies, and to my knowledge, not a major moment within the storyline let alone the comic. At least the Abe page had a pretty sweet zombie kill shot.

I cannot believe that ended at 754... What a waste of money lol...

If I had money to burn, I would have easily done this for the novelty alone.

Alas, I need that kindling for stuff above a .5 :sorry:

Winner can send it away to the circus and charge admission to make his money back. lol