• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The Official The Walking Dead Discussion Thread
13 13

40,452 posts in this topic

Garf your so lucky to be in the UK...........Charlie does a lot of shows and charities there,correct? I remember you talking one time you got something done by him and even had time to go back again for another after everyone got their chance. And had some time to talk too...............that's cool.

Garf your so lucky to be in the UK...........Charlie does a lot of shows and charities there,correct? I remember you talking one time you got something done by him and even had time to go back again for another after everyone got their chance. And had some time to talk too...............that's cool.

True, . We got to spend quite a bit of time with him as the con was in its first year an relatively remote. I can't see that ahppening again ;) I don't think it's unusual for signings at conventions and bookstores to take more than a couple of hours over here because there generally won't be any complex sketches going on, mostly remarks and sigs and let's face it the UK is a lot smaller. Was the same for Kevin O'Neill signing at Gosh comics in London last weekend.

Not to say that massive lines don't happen over here. Neil Gaiman, Alan Moore (and I would imagine if George R R Martin was touring), etc are huge draws which is probably in part why they aren't that available.

There's not a chance in hell that C A remembers me with the amount of cons he has been doing since then, it must be quite a blur and he does try and cater for everyone in the line. It's exactly what you make of it, you queue, you hopefully have fun and you get some stuff signed / sketched. As mentioned before he is a really nice guy. He will be at 3 cons I am at this year and I am hoping he will be doing another "...watch him draw" Q&A event.

At NYCC in 2008, I decided to get Tony and Charlie to draw their zombies side-by-side on 11X17 board. Tony went first and then Charlie. I loved their zombies, but the piece needed something to tie it all together. So I asked Eric Powell to sketch the Goon in between. Here's the result:

GOONVSWALKINGDEADSketch.jpg

Tony was $100, Charlie was $100 (originally $50...when he got done drawing, Mark raised it to $100...I wasn't in a great position to negotiate at that point, lol!), Eric was FREE. Tony's sketch list was much tougher to get on than Charlie's, which was fairly wide open. Charlie was doing 9"X12" sketches that were GREAT. Fully finished and filled up the whole page. A great deal for $50.

It was also at this show that I had a chance to buy the page with Carl shooting Shane from Tony. I ended up not buying it because I thought the price was too high...$1000!! He had TWO portfolios filled with his WD art. That was the last time I saw him have that much (or any, actually) of his WD art for sale at a show.

:applause:

I remember when you had that done, I was behind you for Tony, and I got one from Charlie as well:

$100 and $50 :whee:

MooreNYCCSketch2.jpg

AdlardNYCCzombie2.jpg

lol

The good 'ol days :cloud9:

Yes the old times.... :luhv: they have some good WD art and stories. Doug some of those commissions you got from TM are :cloud9:

The reverse cover commissions are so cool.

At NYCC in 2008, I decided to get Tony and Charlie to draw their zombies side-by-side on 11X17 board. Tony went first and then Charlie. I loved their zombies, but the piece needed something to tie it all together. So I asked Eric Powell to sketch the Goon in between. Here's the result:

GOONVSWALKINGDEADSketch.jpg

Tony was $100, Charlie was $100 (originally $50...when he got done drawing, Mark raised it to $100...I wasn't in a great position to negotiate at that point, lol!), Eric was FREE. Tony's sketch list was much tougher to get on than Charlie's, which was fairly wide open. Charlie was doing 9"X12" sketches that were GREAT. Fully finished and filled up the whole page. A great deal for $50.

It was also at this show that I had a chance to buy the page with Carl shooting Shane from Tony. I ended up not buying it because I thought the price was too high...$1000!! He had TWO portfolios filled with his WD art. That was the last time I saw him have that much (or any, actually) of his WD art for sale at a show.

I remember going through 2 fedex boxes full of Tony's WD pages (in the days before he even had a portfolio) and passing on that same page for $200ish. Of course, that issue had just come out at the time, so the price probably seemed even more nuts than $1K in 2008, especially since covers were in the $400-600 range. lol

Nice sketch jam, BTW!

STOP.

You don't need a reminder then?

Walking Dead Iss 08 Pg 10 $80

Walking Dead Iss 08 Pg 16 $85

Walking Dead Iss 09 Pg 11 $90

Walking Dead Iss 09 Pg 13 $80

Walking Dead Iss 09 Pg 15 $100

Walking Dead Iss 09 Pg 16 $85

Walking Dead Iss 09 Pg 20 $100

Walking Dead Iss 09 Pg 21 $125

Walking Dead Iss 09 Pg 22 $250

Walking Dead Iss 10 Pg 01 $175

Walking Dead Iss 10 Pg 08 $130

Walking Dead Iss 10 Pg 09 $100

Walking Dead Iss 10 Pg 21 $70

Walking Dead Iss 10 Pg 22 $95

Walking Dead Iss 11 Pg 13 $80

Walking Dead Iss 11 Pg 18 $130

Walking Dead Iss 12 Pg 12 $145

Walking Dead Iss 13 Pg 19 $85

Walking Dead Iss 13 Pg 22 $150

Walking Dead Iss 14 Pg 02 and Pg 03 $250

Walking Dead Iss 14 Pg 18 $80

Walking Dead Iss 14 Pg 19 $90

Walking Dead Iss 14 Pg 20 $145

Walking Dead Iss 14 Pg 21 $135

Walking Dead Iss 14 Pg 22 $160

Walking Dead Iss 15 Pg 01 $120

Walking Dead Iss 15 Pg 02 $140

Walking Dead Iss 15 Pg 03 $145

Walking Dead Iss 16 Pg 05 $85

Walking Dead Iss 16 Pg 12 $100

Walking Dead Iss 16 Pg 22 $170

Walking Dead Iss 18 Pg 13 $75

Walking Dead Iss 18 Pg 14 $85

Walking Dead Iss 18 Pg 21 $155

19 & 20 were listed at the same time and likely had similar pricing... I can't find a working archive for them.

Walking Dead Iss 27 Cover $1200

Walking Dead Iss 29 Cover $1300

Walking Dead Iss 30 Cover $1250

Walking Dead Iss 31 Cover $900

Walking Dead Small Hardcover Cover $1000

Walking Dead Vol 5 Trade Paperback Cover $800

:preach: I remember when common pages were going for $600. Now look at them....you can get one for 50 bucks. hm Oh wait a minute I have to wait 5 more year before I say that .

Maybe $150. I doubt you'll ever see many go as low as $50 again.

Did Kirkman keep all the OA variant covers for issue #115?

:popcorn:

Yes. Charlie finally got his 3 foot tall custom lego mecha godzilla as payment two weeks ago ;) Apparently it is to scale with lego minifigs.