• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The Official The Walking Dead Discussion Thread
13 13

40,454 posts in this topic

Yeah-- new site coming soonish with new updates, but no more WD art for sale...

I wonder if Tony has a busy schedule...why not do a few commissions here and there? He's got the hot hand right now - no reason not to draw whatever he feels (as I genuinely think he has a disdain for drawing anything TWD related) and let a few a month or so run on his Ebay so he can control it from a secondary market.

(shrug)

Finally JS shows up! :hi:

Very true. I saw TM at NYCC last year and he wasn't that busy at all. Well he didn't look busy to me, I watched him for a moment talking to a customer about some sigs. Anyways, I think he will draw you what ever. I saw his prices were around $600 for a sketch and $1000 for a commission, IIRC.

:whee:

Right but that only pops up at con season - I mean a contact through his site - or just auction of his doodles - he's got to be drawing, even for fun - I mean that is I guess if he wants to even sell / show his stuff --

I feel like by not responding to fans you are only alienating yourself but just my 2c

I really wanted to get a commission from him but I'm pretty sure you have to be at the con and show id to get it if you won it by auction. Lots of rules IIRC for the last three he auction off last year on ebay. I have never been to a convention :pullhair:

Quick little detour.............JS did you get that refund?

Unofficially yes, officially no - my cc has to finish their investigation, which off the record has been done, but on the record, it will take up to 60 days.

I wonder if Tony has a busy schedule...why not do a few commissions here and there? He's got the hot hand right now - no reason not to draw whatever he feels (as I genuinely think he has a disdain for drawing anything TWD related) and let a few a month or so run on his Ebay so he can control it from a secondary market.

(shrug)

Very true. I saw TM at NYCC last year and he wasn't that busy at all. Well he didn't look busy to me, I watched him for a moment talking to a customer about some sigs. Anyways, I think he will draw you what ever. I saw his prices were around $600 for a sketch and $1000 for a commission, IIRC.

Right but that only pops up at con season - I mean a contact through his site - or just auction of his doodles - he's got to be drawing, even for fun - I mean that is I guess if he wants to even sell / show his stuff --

I feel like by not responding to fans you are only alienating yourself but just my 2c

I really wanted to get a commission from him but I'm pretty sure you have to be at the con and show id to get it if you won it by auction. Lots of rules IIRC for the last three he auction off last year on ebay. I have never been to a convention :pullhair:

I can help you with that if you like. Just let me know. I'll be getting a commission at FanExpo.

(shrug)

I can help you with that if you like. Just let me know. I'll be getting a commission at FanExpo.

:whee: ......................... :foryou:............................... (worship)

A Tony Moore Sketch sells for WHAT?!

A WD Hero book sells for WHAT?! :baiting:

but imagine I could sell my $200 tony moore sketch for $1500. That would be priceless.

Thinking the one on ebay is a commission.........Lets see the sketch you have

but imagine I could sell my $200 tony moore sketch for $1500. That would be priceless.

http://kandidkandor.tumblr.com/post/17747386135/frankencastle-tony-moore

The best part is that I only have to google Frankencastle+tony moore and my sketch shows up. :cloud9:

tumblr_lziov0S5lT1qzvhk6o1_1280_zps7298d709.jpg

Edited by Jimmy Linguiniii

http://kandidkandor.tumblr.com/post/17747386135/frankencastle-tony-moore

The best part is that I only have to google Frankencastle+tony moore and my sketch shows up. :cloud9:

tumblr_lziov0S5lT1qzvhk6o1_1280_zps7298d709.jpg

Looks cool............. :sorry: but not WD

Charlie never does commissions. No one ever gives him guff for that. Charlie hasn't done legit commissions in years. Doodles are free, and the quick sketches at NYCC were $300, but IMO were not worth it.

Tony is among many artists that don't sell their work or do commissions simply because they don't have to (Ditko, Byrne, McFarlane, etc). Not saying he's on that level, but there are plenty of artists that keep their work minimal. Not a new thing.

Charlie never does commissions. No one ever gives him guff for that. Charlie hasn't done legit commissions in years. Doodles are free, and the quick sketches at NYCC were $300, but IMO were not worth it.

Tony is among many artists that don't sell their work or do commissions simply because they don't have to (Ditko, Byrne, McFarlane, etc). Not saying he's on that level, but there are plenty of artists that keep their work minimal. Not a new thing.

Thats a fair way of looking at it.....I have tried to get one from Charlie as well. So my offical public statement is both of'em suck only becuase I want one. I hate buying commissions that were made for other people. But as always I love what each had done for the WD. I hate the facts....not the artists

I would LOVE if charlie did commissions. I think the best piece he's ever made was a private commission for Mark. Totally cover worthy.

Really thats the only Charlie WD cover worthy commission I have seen. Any other ones out there?

I would LOVE if charlie did commissions. I think the best piece he's ever made was a private commission for Mark. Totally cover worthy.

Really thats the only Charlie WD cover worthy commission I have seen. Any other ones out there?

Not that I've seen. That piece is brilliant though. I would love to get a commission of that quality done. We know he has the talent. Unfortunately, he just doesn't have the time....

Not that I've seen. That piece is brilliant though. I would love to get a commission of that quality done. We know he has the talent. Unfortunately, he just doesn't have the time....

This is exactly why I posted a couple of images from his facebook gallery on here ... that stuff is worlds apart from being bogged down in the frenetic schedule of getting TWD pages out of the door.