• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The Official The Walking Dead Discussion Thread
13 13

40,452 posts in this topic

Does anyone know what's the estimated print run of Walking Dead 127 Diamond Retailer Sketch Variant? The prices on eBay are ridiculous and there are too many of them.

1,148 (thumbs u

Thanks! How do you know that?

By the way, what would be a fair price for buying it? eBay prices don't look fair to me, but I could be wrong.

Diamond Retailer Sketch is whack! Not worth a penny in the long term if you ask me. If I were you I'd focus on key issues. It will be worth your time and money to buy another copy of issue 19 or 2 than another variant cover.

Possibly, but you need to factor in this may potentially become a key issue with the introduction of the new characters and then add a limited variant on top of that. The reason 19 is key is the introduction of a key character. I do believe the current prices are inflated and may slip off. The only reason I bought one from my LCS is that it was $50 and couldn't fathom spending ebay prices. I did consider flipping it, but the completion it in me is keeping it.

I think 127 is a key issue. For $50 it's a steal. I'm afraid to say what I spent for mine but it was a lot less than what most are selling for on E-bay now. I see many of the sellers saying the print run was 500, but I have yet to see any kind of real source for the info.

I guess it depends on the person making the purchase. It's great that you folks are making comic book collecting entertaining.

I just don't see the value of variant covers. You can get the same comic (still 1st print) for half or fraction of the price.

IMHO variant cover is a cheesy way to sell more of the same issue.

Any ideal why they say cover 127 B,C,D.....were they going to do variants?

That's what it looks like. I think these are great, but man, they'd look KILLER as a set. Hoping if someone buys one, they buy them all.

Well there will be a 2nd print hm ... speculation on Rick or Carl's image being a variant cover?

My vote is for Andrea ......Its pretty cool.

As an back up I say just use a Bernie panel.

That's what it looks like. I think these are great, but man, they'd look KILLER as a set. Hoping if someone buys one, they buy them all.

NO! :cry: I just want one........ :sorry:

Well there will be a 2nd print hm ... speculation on Rick or Carl's image being a variant cover?

My vote is for Andrea ......Its pretty cool.

As an back up I say just use a Bernie panel.

Agreed, Andrea is my favorite also.

Im out of this race......got some sweetness coming my way.

Cant wait :banana:

Ok... I'll bite and say you finally loosened the #48 cover out of Jim's cold dead hands :baiting:

What still amazes me is that with all that you have it's only about 3.3% of the OA or that Splash page only holds 13% of it. That's a lot out there in private hands.

Ok... I'll bite and say you finally loosened the #48 cover out of Jim's cold dead hands :baiting:

What still amazes me is that with all that you have it's only about 3.3% of the OA or that Splash page only holds 13% of it. That's a lot out there in private hands.

tell us!!!!

I thought he had pages 1-4 coming. Also, that Hardcover back cover

Ah yes... plus AFAIK Jim isn't dead ;)

Not the 48 cover :sorry:

My deal is not fully complete and Im sure it will go through.....But in would be better to wait.

+1 Garf....there is a ton of WD OA out there. Just the way it should be, spread out among many.

Garf you keep a close eye on this stuff, how many pages are out there? Up to issue 127. Not including covers or back covers. Anyone ever do the math?

My deal is not fully complete and Im sure it will go through.....But in would be better to wait.

+1 Garf....there is a ton of WD OA out there. Just the way it should be, spread out among many.

Garf you keep a close eye on this stuff, how many pages are out there? Up to issue 127. Not including covers or back covers. Anyone ever do the math?

100,000,000,000 pages of OA? :ohnoez: I want them all!!! :insane:

Mark did a great round up on the amount of zombie pages available.

In terms of pages of OA, including splashes, etc, there's at least 2700.

Mark did a great round up on the amount of zombie pages available.

In terms of pages of OA, including splashes, etc, there's at least 2700.

And only 127 1st print covers. :shy: