• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The Official The Walking Dead Discussion Thread
13 13

40,454 posts in this topic

I just can't wait for tax return time... Need to replace my TWD 1.... I bought a 9.6 earlier this year... Sent it to get professionally pressed. Came back 9.4 then sent it back for re-review. Stuck with 9.4. Probably one of the single most disappointing things to happen to my collection. I have learned a lesson and will most likely NEVER press anything again.

Let this be a lesson to all you who hope to turn a 9.6 to a 9.8. Don't be greedy like I was. :preach:

Edited by Colicab

Nope. I bet your 9.4 is like mine in the fact that it is a beautiful 9.4. The graders notes are such BS.

I know why mines a 9.4, but I didn't get graders notes.

Anyways, there's not a day that goes by that I don't say to myself I should buy up in grade for a 9.8. I got the one I have raw and for a great price.

BUT..... I will not pay more than $1800 for a 9.8....... They are not worth more than that in my opinion and maybe less.

Raw= $850-$1000

9.4= $1300

9.6= $1500

9.8= $1700-$1800

2c I don't care what GPA says. This is "Retros GPA" lol

nothing wrong with 9.6s!

QFT!

1 tick is not worth hundreds of dollars to me. No matter how anyone justifies it, it's stupidity in my opinion. The difference between a 9.6 and 9.8 is so miniscule, it's certainly not justifiable to spend hundreds of dollars more.

9.6 is the sweet spot imo.

nothing wrong with 9.6s!

QFT!

1 tick is not worth hundreds of dollars to me. No matter how anyone justifies it, it's stupidity in my opinion. The difference between a 9.6 and 9.8 is so miniscule, it's certainly not justifiable to spend hundreds of dollars more.

9.6 is the sweet spot imo.

+1

And I'd be happy with a 9.4 even on this book

I just can't wait for tax return time... Need to replace my TWD 1.... I bought a 9.6 earlier this year... Sent it to get professionally pressed. Came back 9.4 then sent it back for re-review. Stuck with 9.4. Probably one of the single most disappointing things to happen to my collection. I have learned a lesson and will most likely NEVER press anything again.

Let this be a lesson to all you who hope to turn a 9.6 to a 9.8. Don't be greedy like I was. :preach:

I had a similar experience, Colicab. I had a key issue that. I bought graded 9.4. The only thing I saw wrong was a little color rip, and I thought a press could lift it out a little and maybe get. A bump in grade. I sent it out to get pressed and get regraded and it cam back a 9.0!

I contact the presses and he was all WTF, too, so I sent it to him again. He had it grade on site and it came back a 9.0 again. He asked the grader WTF and basically that grader and a grind to as with color rubs.

I sat on it for a few months and decided to bust it out of its clam and send it in with a 9.8 prescreen. I looked at it and thought, "this is the most beautiful 9.0 I have ever seen. It came back a 9.8

MY lesson is that graders are fickle and grades are not consistent between different graders. If you are confident on its grade, send it in again.

http://tv.yahoo.com/news/amc-renews-walking-dead-season-5-172427477.html

AMC Renews ‘The Walking Dead’ For Season 5:

No surprise that after shattering cable records with its Season 4 debut this month, the top-rated zombie apocalypse is coming back. AMC today announced there will be a fifth season of The Walking Dead. “We are very happy to make what has to be one of the most anti-climactic renewal announcements ever,” AMC President Charlie Collier said in a statement. “This is a show that has erased traditional distinctions between cable and broadcast. Its expanding base of passionate fans has grown every season, most recently – and most notably – with the season four premiere earlier this month, which broke viewership records for the series and became the biggest non-sports telecast in cable history.” Today’s announcement also stated that Season 4 showrunner Scott Gimple will continue at the helm, serving as executive producer alongside Gale Anne Hurd and Robert Kirkman, who created the comic series on which the TV show is based, as well as David Alpert, Greg Nicotero and Tom Luse. Previously the Dead’s supervising producer, Gimple was promoted earlier this year to EP for Season 4 of the show after the sudden exit of Glenn Mazzara in late 2012.

Looks like the bubble isn't going to burst anytime soon. :)