• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The Official The Walking Dead Discussion Thread
13 13

40,454 posts in this topic

When is the best time to sell some Deads on the bay? I've been trying to figure this out.. I've tried a couple of things but I can't ever get a handle on what works best.

MY latest theory was to do a 3 day auction starting on Friday night and ending on Monday nights. I was thinking that everyone has the weekend to see the listing and then hopefully they're all hopped up from watching the show on Sunday, that they browse for issues on Monday. I don't think this worked though because I didn't seem to get any traffic until Monday afternoon.

What strategy are you guys using?

If it WD OA the best place to list it is in my PM.....anytime works best lol

When is the best time to sell some Deads on the bay? I've been trying to figure this out.. I've tried a couple of things but I can't ever get a handle on what works best.

MY latest theory was to do a 3 day auction starting on Friday night and ending on Monday nights. I was thinking that everyone has the weekend to see the listing and then hopefully they're all hopped up from watching the show on Sunday, that they browse for issues on Monday. I don't think this worked though because I didn't seem to get any traffic until Monday afternoon.

What strategy are you guys using?

If it WD OA the best place to list it is in my PM.....anytime works best lol

lol!!

eBay is your best option to sell graded books.

As long as you can list at a fixed price and field offers, you will reach a far bigger group of people.

Auctions = bad idea

Not a seller but think your advice is spot on. I always make offers of what I'm willing to pay if its a book I want. At least most of the time it opens up the talks.I have done many deals that way.And I get to build relationships with the sellers.

Also It helps linking up outside of ebay to complete the deal if both parties agree.Not sure if I should say that but it happens a lot.

Edit: do to poor spelling

Edited by James J

Personally, I think the boards is the best place to sell.

No hassle of dealing with eBay fools, negs and all that other nonsense. Plus, the 10% fee on top of what you sell.

I always give the boards first shot on all CGC books. If it doesn't sell, most of the time it goes back in my collection or i'll list it on eBay.

Trying here first is a win win...and no risk scenario.

eBay is your best option to sell graded books.

As long as you can list at a fixed price and field offers, you will reach a far bigger group of people.

Auctions = bad idea

Not a seller but think your advice is spot on. I always make offers of what I'm willing to pay if its a book I want. At least most of the time it opens up the talks.I have done many deals that way.And I get to build relationships with the sellers.

Also It helps linking up outside of ebay to complete the deal if both parties agree.Not sure if I should say that but it happens a lot.

Edit: do to poor spelling

eBay is how we met!

No hassle of dealing with eBay fools, negs and all that other nonsense. Plus, the 10% fee on top of what you sell.

I always give the boards first shot on all CGC books. If it doesn't sell, most of the time it goes back in my collection or i'll list it on eBay.

Great point!

Wow thinking about it I agree here too......But as a buyer I check both all the time.

I check the boards and move over to ebay and check. For me there is a lot more listed to look at in ebay I like to engage the seller by offers or ebay mail.

So I really should stay out of the best place and time to sell discussion. Maybe see how one buyer uses both.

Edited by James J

lol me too........I even google it everyday.......Walking Dead art for sale.

One time I found a WD cover that way. Some people don't use either to sell art but there own web sites.

I can't forget CAF too.............You newbie lurkers are getting some good intel.

I was thinking of starting a Walking Dead Lurker discussion group. Just to have a place to put them. Then I remembered they don't speak.. :insane:

lol me too........I even google it everyday.......Walking Dead art for sale.

One time I found a WD cover that way. Some people don't use either to sell art but there own web sites.

I can't forget CAF too.............You newbie lurkers are getting some good intel.

I was thinking of starting a Walking Dead Lurker discussion group. Just to have a place to put them. Then I remembered they don't speak.. :insane:

lol that's funny :shy:

I don't really have a problem selling all the books I list on eBay.. I'm just wondering what the best practice is to get the most money out of the books. I know prices for TWD books fluctuate through the year and it seems like you can get more on eBay if you end your listing at a certain time/day.

I also like doing BINs w/ a best offer option, but it seems like BIN listings get waaaay less traffic.

Example:

There have been times where I've had two identical books.. and I've posted one as a BIN for $29.99 and the same book as an auction with a BIN option at 34.99.

The 34.99 book sold almost immediately, and the 29.99 took several days ???