• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The Official The Walking Dead Discussion Thread
13 13

40,454 posts in this topic

Freakin awesome buddy! can't wait to see scans

Thanks Raph!

Sadly, my scanner broke, so I just have the stock photos for now....

There were Serbian copies for most of the issues of the Walking Dead (and as far as I know, they are still in production for the newer issues too). However, from what I am told, the covers are the same for the American versions beyond issue #10, as well as issues #6-9, so I didn't bother to collect those.

I only completed for set of issues that had differing art from the American versions :)

Issue #1 again:

WD1Variant.jpg

Issue #2 and #2 variant:

WD2Variant.jpgWD2Variant2.jpg

Issue #3:

WD3Variant.jpg

Issue #4:

WD4Variant.jpg

Issue #5:

WD5Variant.jpg

(Issues 6-9 all had the same cover as the American versions)

Issue #10 and #10 variant:

WD10Variant.jpgWD10Variant2.jpg

you know what we need? a crack smoking graemlin to use when someone askes $5k for a 9.9 wd #1.

Can we use it when the same seller lists a DKR #1 9.9 for $8k when he just bought it for $1500 less than 2 months ago?

Cuz he did dat too!!

doh!

I don't get the business model that this seller uses... 1) be the top bidder 2) relist very short time later with huge mark-up on the price he paid...

this works in large marketplaces, with low dollar items, but when you start getting into the 4 digit numbers for copper/modern books, you are extremely limited on demand... and if you blew out the price to corner the supply... I don't know... it just makes my head hurt trying to make sense of what this seller is doing...

you know what we need? a crack smoking graemlin to use when someone askes $5k for a 9.9 wd #1.

Can we use it when the same seller lists a DKR #1 9.9 for $8k when he just bought it for $1500 less than 2 months ago?

Cuz he did dat too!!

doh!

I don't get the business model that this seller uses... 1) be the top bidder 2) relist very short time later with huge mark-up on the price he paid...

this works in large marketplaces, with low dollar items, but when you start getting into the 4 digit numbers for copper/modern books, you are extremely limited on demand... and if you blew out the price to corner the supply... I don't know... it just makes my head hurt trying to make sense of what this seller is doing...

Well, he changed the BIN on the 9.9 Walking Dead #1 to only $4K now meh

Cuz he did dat too!!

doh!

:censored:

Edited by shortstack comics

Cuz he did dat too!!

doh!

:censored: :censored:

Tell me about it...

Cuz he did dat too!!

doh!

Tell me about it...

sell off one of the kids... you would probably make enough to buy it :baiting:

Cuz he did dat too!!

doh!

Tell me about it...

sell off one of the kids... you would probably make enough to buy it :baiting:

I refuse to give this seller any of my money :sumo:

dude, those Serbian variants look sweeet! is it safe to assume you have them all graded?

Thanks Raph!

Actually, I don't have them all graded.....I only slabbed the #1 for the hell of it.

I owned 4 or 5 sets of these at one point, and cherry-picked the best copies for my personal set, but they still aren't really 9.8's. So, for right now, I'm just happy to own them raw :)

i have meails out to a bunch of us and european comic stores to track down some...i need them, now.

I wish I had another set or could get one for you......they're out of print now (the early issues at least) and my Serbian contact hasn't responded to my email from two weeks ago.....

i have meails out to a bunch of us and european comic stores to track down some...i need them, now.

is that some sort of new russian hitman... roughs them up until they give you the goods? Would you pronounce that Me-Ls?

yes, exactly. no need for an editor on this one...

sweet. I hope that in the TV show, Rick keeps his hand

I think that they would have him keep the hand, at least for a number of seasons... it would be rather difficult to have the actor with a "handless" prosthesis and have it look good and not get expensive

Also, people would say: "Wait, didn't we already see Bruce Campbell do this?"