• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Pennsylvania copy?

12 posts in this topic

I picked this up today because it was farily inexpensive and I figured it was worth a shot. It's a 9.2/9.4 with white pages and I am wondering if the "P" might mean that it's from the Pennsylvania pedigree. I checked it against other examples and the placement and writing seems pretty consistent. Does anyone have a master list from this collection? Can anyone tell me for sure if it's from that ped or if it's just a regular old NM white paged GA piece of junk?

Appreciate any help...

target77.jpg

It actually looks a lot like the bottom one, it might just be too light to see from the scan. The P is almost an 8, with the two circles forming an X in the middle, like on your Wow issue.

I will see if I can get a better image.

I checked out the Penn copies on Metro's site. This one looks kind of like the Shadow 2.12 they have, but the Ps are all pretty varied in shape and size on the other issues in their inventory. It's pretty obvious that several different people marked the books at the distributor. I guess I won't know for sure unless I see a master list or something. Thanks for weighing in.

I've never heard of a master list, but you could ask Al Stoltz or Steve Geppi.

Your book has a couple of hits against it. First, the vast majority of the collection was from 1941-1944, but there were some later issues. Second, the vast majority of the books were superhero titles.