• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Frazetta sig goes wild

85 posts in this topic

I don't give a cr*p if they sold it for one million dollars. It's the SS of a pedigree that doesn't sit well with me.

I understand that whoever owns the book can do what they want to with it, but I'm sure there are other Frazetta books that would hold a signature exceedingly well.

I respect your right to have a wrong opinion. :foryou:

Personally, I'd never SS a pedigree, but hey it's a somewhat free country.......so far.

I am a bit upset by the sudden flip of the book. I think I would have to be in a really bad spot to flip mine and there's a lot of other books that would go first.

You know......the more I think about it...... hm

.........I'm not flipping mine! EVER! Yeah it's restored :cry: Yeah he made a false start on the sig, but it's still mine and so is the story with it.

:cloud9:

You know the great thing about the USA, CGC and SS. Is you can do whatever you want with your comics as long as you play by the rules. There are no rules that say you can't sell your comic books or you can't have a creator sign a pedigree. This person broke no rules. This person should not be criticized for their decision.

You know the great thing about the USA, CGC and SS. Is you can do whatever you want with your comics as long as you play by the rules. There are no rules that say you can't sell your comic books or you can't have a creator sign a pedigree. This person broke no rules. This person should not be criticized for their decision.
You're right but that doesn't mean other don't disagree with what was done or how it was done. And it doesn't mean that they aren't justified in their line of thinking either.

It's a bad analogy but would you have a problem with someone purchasing and destroying one of the copies of the Declaration? Your arguments could be equally applied there.

I don't give a cr*p if they sold it for one million dollars. It's the SS of a pedigree that doesn't sit well with me.

I understand that whoever owns the book can do what they want to with it, but I'm sure there are other Frazetta books that would hold a signature exceedingly well.

I'm not a fan of getting a Church book signed either. Lesser peds and lower grade copies I don't mind. I had a Don Rosa 9.0 signed by Cardy but I just wouldn't have the heart to add anymore writing to a high grade Church book. I would've rather got a book done that he did the cover for. Give me Ghost Rider 4, although I'm sure most would want Weird Science- Fantasy 29.

I'm not a fan of getting a Church book signed either. Lesser peds and lower grade copies I don't mind. I had a Don Rosa 9.0 signed by Cardy but I just wouldn't have the heart to add anymore writing to a high grade Church book. I would've rather got a book done that he did the cover for. Give me Ghost Rider 4, although I'm sure most would want Weird Science- Fantasy 29.

frazetta is bigger than edgar church :gossip:

wow...just...wow...
Care to elaborate?

Just wow...

I'm interested in your thoughts. You did the hard work to set this up. You did the write up. You might even know who sold it. I think we'd all like to hear your thoughts on someone having a Church book SS'd and then flipping it for $5k profit in less than a month.

I would've rather got a book done that he did the cover for.

I had understood the cover & interior to be by Frank -- that though he worked for Giunta that Giunta actually did very little work on the book. Based on the childhood sketches that Frank did of these characters I'm very doubtful of Giunta pencilling the issue.

I would've rather got a book done that he did the cover for.

I had understood the cover & interior to be by Frank -- that though he worked for Giunta that Giunta actually did very little work on the book. Based on the childhood sketches that Frank did of these characters I'm very doubtful of Giunta pencilling the issue.

Giunta is Bob Kane?

wow...just...wow...
Care to elaborate?

Just wow...

I'm interested in your thoughts. You did the hard work to set this up. You did the write up. You might even know who sold it. I think we'd all like to hear your thoughts on someone having a Church book SS'd and then flipping it for $5k profit in less than a month.

Well, my wow is mostly at the price it sold for and that it was a Church book. I wasn't aware it was a Church. I personally wouldn't have done a pedigreed book.

I figured some people would sell their books. It's their property to do with what they wish. They paid the required fees. For the record, I didn't make a penny on this signing. But, since I set it up, I actually got a couple books done, and had to pay the full price for the sig as well. I have an extra Vampy 1 in 5.5 that I upgraded last minute to a 7.5. I got the 5.5 done for a friend, but he is no longer interested, so I MAY offer this one for sale. If I only had 1 book, it would NEVER be sold. I treasure the experience and the memories.

Like I told Scott, I think the only person that could top this would be Kirby, and we all know that ain't gonna happen. I am a little concerned though that the Frazetta's may see this and put the kibosh on any possibility of another signing. But who knows...we did take Ellie flowers for Mother's day and she liked that :devil:

Firstly who ever bought that book should of done their research. Paying effectively $5k for a signature is just rediculous in the face of simply owning a piece of his OA for less money doh!

And getting his sig on a MH book doh! doh! Yes Frazetta is bigger than MH, but the MH are effectively museum grade copies of American 20th century culture... there were other books he could of signed apart from the MH meh

And the biggest crime here...

And the scum bag's that think it's ok to profiteer of an 80 year old guy, a legend in his own lifetime, and our community.

They have absolutely zero respect for who he is, and what he represents. Period!

I actually have very much respect for Frank Frazetta. I think he is the greatest artist of the 20th century. I don't mean the greatest comic artist. I mean the greatest artist of the 20th century. I Got an SS book My self from Mr. Frazetta. Just for the record I would never sell my Frazetta Signature Series.

As for what he represents. Nobody could ever truly explain What Mr. Frazetta is.

Is he a fine artist or a comics artist or an illustrator. I believe he is all three in one. The mere fact that he worked and continues to work in the comic book medium is amazing considering his work is much better than many fine artist and many modern illustrators look up to him. We shouldn't even be able to ask for an autograph. But He granted the request.

As for profiteering. I usually hate profiteers. But that is because they don't play by the rules. This guy played my Mr. Frazetta's and CGC's rules. He paid what he was asked and not a penny less.

I'm not quite sure how to feel about this...

I gotta tell ya...if Mrs Frazetta told me I could not have any books signed, but I can spend 20 minutes with Frank, to talk about whatever I want, and maybe just watch some of the mets game with him, the word "Yes" couldn't get out of my mouth fast enough. The books are secondary to me, regardless of their value, because I was granted that unique opportunity that VERY FEW people ever get. A memory I will cherish well beyond my comic hobby. I mean, really...how often do you get to enter the private world of what some consider to be a Master? I was fortunate enough to get both. I decided to include some of you in this. I don't give a rats what the books are worth, because to me, that 20 minutes was worth more than all the SS books...

I'm not quite sure how to feel about this...

I gotta tell ya...if Mrs Frazetta told me I could not have any books signed, but I can spend 20 minutes with Frank, to talk about whatever I want, and maybe just watch some of the mets game with him, the word "Yes" couldn't get out of my mouth fast enough. The books are secondary to me, regardless of their value, because I was granted that unique opportunity that VERY FEW people ever get. A memory I will cherish well beyond my comic hobby. I mean, really...how often do you get to enter the private world of what some consider to be a Master? I was fortunate enough to get both. I decided to include some of you in this. I don't give a rats what the books are worth, because to me, that 20 minutes was worth more than all the SS books...

:applause:

Fuggin-A.

:sumo: