• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Motor City Comic Con Report Thread

14 posts in this topic

Motor City Comic Con

Hey Everybody!

Please feel free to contribute your observations, photos, etc.. The Motor City Comic Con is an annual event that I look forward to. EBay and the internet have had quite a negative impact on some regional shows but I'm truly grateful that our show keeps on truckin'. ;)

1) I met a Monkeee.

2) I met a Pirate.

3) I caught Roy (r1970d ) lifting a nice book.

4) David Petersen of Mouse Guard fame.

5) An original Barris Monkees car :cloud9:

58289-mickeyBOARDS.jpg.54f267dc823ebbb7a1b8dedd4f3aff0d.jpg

58290-pirateBOARDS.jpg.276a4a4a782811978f438c4ac81f2f48.jpg

58291-royBOARDS.jpg.7f96b24193e842163b0756a8f400835c.jpg

58292-petersenBOARDS.jpg.9fa062c7134753805cd173beed937562.jpg

58293-monkeescarBOARDS.jpg.727066d74978a27e5a1ed7d67211304d.jpg

BTW, the picture Roy is in is where I found a B&B #28. But, lo and behold, I see there might be a Superman #76 there also. I don't remember seeing it today so maybe it was sold. Who is that Dealer?

That's Stephen Ritter of World Wide Comics. The guy is as straight a shooter as they come. He may have rotated his stock so ask him about the Superman #76.

R.

Wrong forum for large exposure. I just posted a link in my general thread to this one.

R.

Got back home (Toronto) from Motor City around 11pm. Didn't make many purchases from the dealers, though I was looking hard at a book. Went back about four times to check it out, but ultimately, I ended up passing on it. Most of my time consisted of getting my books signed (raw sigs) and getting some sketches done.

Pretty much got everything done, so it was another successful trip to Motor City again for me (three years straight, only went the Saturday, and pretty much got everything done).

Got back home (Toronto) from Motor City around 11pm. Didn't make many purchases from the dealers, though I was looking hard at a book. Went back about four times to check it out, but ultimately, I ended up passing on it. Most of my time consisted of getting my books signed (raw sigs) and getting some sketches done.

Pretty much got everything done, so it was another successful trip to Motor City again for me (three years straight, only went the Saturday, and pretty much got everything done).

Were you the jason in line getting the WW sketch from Tucci and some prints from sparico on Sat? If it was i was standing right next to you.

I didn't get any Sparacio prints, but I was talking to him right after I got the WW sketch from Tucci. If you were the one that left to get a Secret Invasion cover (while you were infront of me), and got back (right after me), then yep, that's me (somewhat short asian guy). You had a green t-shirt, right?

Edit...

58290-pirateBOARDS.jpg

You're the one in the middle, right?

I didn't get any Sparacio prints, but I was talking to him right after I got the WW sketch from Tucci. If you were the one that left to get a Secret Invasion cover (while you were infront of me), and got back (right after me), then yep, that's me (somewhat short asian guy). You had a green t-shirt, right?

Edit...

58290-pirateBOARDS.jpg

You're the one in the middle, right?

When did Jason Statham start working for CGC?