• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Heritage countdown....

348 posts in this topic

Jon, I wasnt trying to criticize! just making the point about your incredible collection altering your perceptions....

I think his points stand quite soundly, irrespective of what is sitting in his long box's.

Constantly you see these vast sections of GA dead as door nail, even with highly regarded artists inside the books.

GA is a very 'select' area as far as where the 'financial trends' meet the collecting preferences of GA collectors today.

Particularly when you consider the wealth of titles, and genre's to be found within the GA.

Some of these titles are perceived to be dead because the old guys who own the really nice copies have tucked them away for decades. When there are no sales of high profile copies to set new records and pique the interest of collectors, interest in those titles wanes.

But GA has always been an 'all grades event', compared to say SA performance.

Admittedly, nothing showcases a title like a premium example from a run, but there is a ton of 8.0 HG and above examples of books to be found. But the loving is saved for the few.

1koko= action 2, 9? (shrug)

Just got back from holiday. I got the #2 but not the #9.

George, I assume you saw the #9 on comicconnect. No back cover, but the front cover isn't too bad. I'm sure you're looking for a nicer copy, but maybe it'd be a good filler?

Thanks for teh heads up.

It would be a nice filler - I was the underbidder on the Heritage #9.

I was on a plane when the Live auction was running so put in a reasonable bid without leaving myself overexposed. Shame it wasn't enough.

Jon, I wasnt trying to criticize! just making the point about your incredible collection altering your perceptions....

I think his points stand quite soundly, irrespective of what is sitting in his long box's.

Constantly you see these vast sections of GA dead as door nail, even with highly regarded artists inside the books.

GA is a very 'select' area as far as where the 'financial trends' meet the collecting preferences of GA collectors today.

Particularly when you consider the wealth of titles, and genre's to be found within the GA.

Exactly.