• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Would you get Signature Series on a book like this?

35 posts in this topic

I was making the point that his signature only improves the pedigree.

$5,000 worth?

The CGC SS clearly worth thousands in this case, as opposed to just signing the blue label which would be graphitti, and just cost you a reholder fee.

Frazetta is the big deal here, the Church pedigree takes second fiddle in this case. W/out Frazetta this is a $2500 book, with it, in the CGC SS slab, a $7500.

I guess it's just this attitude in general I disagree with. Seemed like sour grapes to me (insulting any non-SS Frazetta sig, calling it "graphitti"). If not.... feh. Carry on.

Kinda takes the warm and fuzzy off the I called Mrs Frazetta and watched a Mets game with Frank story.

I guess I shouldn't be surprised that an opportunity for some sort of wild profit/flip would not go unrealized.

Kinda takes the warm and fuzzy off the I called Mrs Frazetta and watched a Mets game with Frank story.

I guess I shouldn't be surprised that an opportunity for some sort of wild profit/flip would not go unrealized.

Just to make sure...

Chain did not sell the book, but did organize the signing.

No.

Yes.

Don't get me wrong, Jon. I love you SS guys and appreciate all the work you do, but I just see this gilding the lily. Personally, I would have chosen another Frazetta book to have been signed.

The more prominent pedigree books should be left alone. They have their own special story.

No.

Yes.

Don't get me wrong, Jon. I love you SS guys and appreciate all the work you do, but I just see this gilding the lily. Personally, I would have chosen another Frazetta book to have been signed.

The more prominent pedigree books should be left alone. They have their own special story.

Doc,

I am just :baiting: ya...

Everyone has their own opinion on the book. Would I have personally done it, no, but I am not someone who gets $2500 books signed on either.

Still, to each their own, but I can definitely see either side of the argument on this one...

gilding the lily?

What kinsd of wacked out East Tennessee jargon is that?

Better than any North Carolinian phrase that would fall from your lips, Mayberry.

I think we all should gild the hillbilly !.... :/:/ ..................................hee - hee.....................Bh

gilding the lily?

Better than any North Carolinian phrase that would fall from your lips, Mayberry.

I think we all should gild the hillbilly !.... :/:/ ..................................hee - hee.....................Bh

All villagers , Get out the torches and gold spray paint .It's time for Watson's extreme makeover !.. :banana::banana:...............................................Bh

gilding the lily?

probably, and btw, your use of the phrase is spot on :cloud9:

I remembered that google is my friend :cloud9:

gilding the lily?

probably, and btw, your use of the phrase is spot on :cloud9:

I remembered that google is my friend :cloud9:

Maybe you would have been more familiar with the expression, "That dog don't hunt." hm

I a not all that well versed in the history of comic restoration but it seems like people actually thought of it as a much better idea in the past then they generally do today (and that can be seen by the pricing). Could SS be the same twenty years from now with people thinking it was a crazy thing to do?