• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

sketch prices?..

21 posts in this topic

I knew I was missing something.

always a good idea to check the post dates ;) yeah I was actaully unsure about bumping this one up because of those questions but at the same time I figure why start a new topic ? :S

Also Mark Brooks

Mark Brooks will probably charge $75-$100 for a nice sketch. The biggest problem is he is as sloooooooooow as Christmas. If you are one of the first 3 or 4 people on his list you will probably get a sketch. Otherwise, it's a crapshoot.

Thanks for the info man, really only 4 people ?... like a day or for the entire convention heh?.. wow does anyone have any sketches done by mark brooks so I can get an idea of the quality?.. sounds a wee bit pricey for someone thats not been around too long... at least compared to other guys out there

It's not an issue of speed it's his ability to talk to everyone about nothing all day long instead of drawing.

Here's the piece he did for me. I was #2 on the list at a 2-day con. He started working on mine first thing on Sunday morning (having finished the #1 sketch) and by halfway through the day he had the rough outline done. Having been shorted by him at a previous con (where I was #3 or #4) I was in no mood. I got down on eye level with him and said, "You need to get done with this... soon. I can get rid of these people for you if you want (who were just standing around talking, not getting things signed). Perhaps you should go outside, smoke a cigarette and finish out there." He looked around and said, "You're right. Sorry." Then he went outside and finished.

Needless to say I was really surprised with the sketch. I figured he would have put a big on the Black Cat or something but he didn't.

62311-MarkBrooks_BlackCat.jpg.6bebb2a725c6f5c2b4b4f782f158302c.jpg