• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Is it comicbooks we our collecting or our we just DC and Marvel collectors

31 posts in this topic

right now my comic shop pull list contains 3 books

ms marvel

the walking dead

& invincible ...

Now I would read the last two under any company really how ever ms marvel is indeed marvel :D

I would say I do collect just marvel but I admire other stuff as well and do not trash it I simply do not have the cash or space or room to do so...

The first comics to capture my attention were Marvels, specifically Fantastic Four, and I have been a Marvel collector for the last 30 years. Despite being a Marvel Zombie I've actively collected Barks Disney, 3D , Legion of Super Hero, World War 2 covers, super hero Archies and frankly anything that catches my eye.

I think it is a lot like music, you love the music of the era you discover music. To me, the music of the '70's is unequaled. I certainly like music from eras but what I grew up with will always captivate me.

Welcome back to collecting. If you look around this board you will find collectors of every type.

The music reference is sadly true for most people. They like music that reminds them of better days. I however cant relate to some 40 year old guy listening to Springstein thinking he's still the hot **** .. I listen to music starting from the 1950's rock'n'roll, to hip hop street CD's released last week. My music collection is only rivaled by my comics collection. I never understood the whole connection and lack of wanting to find new stuff.

Except Slayers Reign In Blood... My favorite album of all time.

I pick up the occasional Charlton book when I find one I need but currently I'm mainly a DC collector because I'm working mainly on 4 or 5 DC series.

Once I've knocked a few of those off I'm planning on working on Gold Key Star Treks.

Loved those when I was a kid.

Hey Joe

In an early Mary Tyler Moore Episode There was one called "The Feeb" and I had never heard that term used before.

If you loved Mary that is cool with everyone here :gossip:

could be short for the character in "Friends"

why I know that - god only knows...

:whistle:

In an early Mary Tyler Moore Episode There was one called "The Feeb" and I had never heard that term used before.

feeb

n. (Offensive Slang) dim-witted person, unintelligent person; a weak, ineffectual person; wimp

feeb

n. (Offensive Slang) dim-witted person, unintelligent person; a weak, ineffectual person; wimp

couldn't you just go for the condensed version of the definition and just say that

it equals J.C.???

:kidaround: