• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

PGM Aquaman #50

14 posts in this topic

I bought this really nice copy today from Dale Roberts. Very clean and tight. No spine creases. I bought it for the Adam's Deadman back-up feature but it also has early Aparo art which is pretty good. I had never seen this book before today. (It's new on the Want List. lol )

aquaman50.jpg[/img]

aquaman50b.jpg[/img]

Nice book and now you'll have to get issues 51 and 52 to finish the Deadman storyline. Great read and watch out for the hidden messages in the panals! (thumbs u

Nice book and now you'll have to get issues 51 and 52 to finish the Deadman storyline. Great read and watch out for the hidden messages in the panals! (thumbs u

Hidden messages :o That just put this story line on my want list!

From Aquaman # 50:

Aparo did some cool things with some panels too, including incorporating the editor’s name ( Giordano) into the background then again with apparently the whole DC staff as seen in the bigger panel. This was very cool to find! Just some names that stand out: Toth, Wrightson, Orlando, Adams, Heath, Kane, and Kubert!

1063602-Aquaman%2350Names.jpg

I did a review of these 3 issues HERE if you want to check it out. Some great storytelling! (thumbs u

I picked up on those reading it last night.

The format and covers are very different for DC of the time. I think they had probably given up on Aquaman and let some new ideas be experimented on it.

Cool! Last issue before cancellation I believe. I bought #57 yesterday also and it's from 1977 I think.

They got the "spokes of a wheel" streets right for Detroit. Too bad they didn't know there is no bridge where they placed one. lol

Great copy! 9.2 seems a possibility from the scan.

I recommend the whole Aparo run on Aquaman (written by Steve Skeates). It started with issue 40 or so with a kidnapping of Mera (his wife), and that leads to a long quest and all sorts of unusual stories. Really great stuff.

Cool! Last issue before cancellation I believe. I bought #57 yesterday also and it's from 1977 I think.

They got the "spokes of a wheel" streets right for Detroit. Too bad they didn't know there is no bridge where they placed one. lol

There used to be a bridge there... before the creature devoured it! :)