• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

GEM MINT IS FOR CARDS!

14 posts in this topic

It probably ranks up there with the words 'CGC this' or '!!WOW!!' or 'MINT'. it really annoys me when they put [!@#%^&^] like that in the title. LOOK AT THESE , and is'nt he a forum member? tut tut, lay your head in shame! THIS is one of my favorites, 9.4, look at the spine!

I don't know if he's a forum member but if you won these books for $1 - $1.50 each, they are still perfect readers in the VG - FN range (although definitely not the Mint/NM status he claims they are) and he provides good customer service. This is one of those instances where evryone knows what the deal is....

It probably ranks up there with the words 'CGC this' or '!!WOW!!' or 'MINT'. it really annoys me when they put [!@#%^&^] like that in the title. LOOK AT THESE , and is'nt he a forum member? tut tut, lay your head in shame! THIS is one of my favorites, 9.4, look at the spine!

WOW!!!! That seller has some really Mint books..glad he CGC'd them!

I don't know if he's a forum member but if you won these books for $1 - $1.50 each, they are still perfect readers in the VG - FN range (although definitely not the Mint/NM status he claims they are) and he provides good customer service. This is one of those instances where evryone knows what the deal is....

Problem is some of the auctions are going to get bid up because people are going to trust the grade.

I just bid on some books that were promised VF and the guy had 15 feedbacks saying how wonderful a grader he was and how good the books were.

Needless to say out of 8 bronze books 2 were VF-, 1 was F/VF, 2 were Fine, 2 were VG, and 1 had huge black scuff marks on the front! I'd call it Good but no one would want the book so what do I call it?

At least the guy I bought from is being reasonable about it this guys like some kind of nutcase, read the feedbacks for a laugh. 27_laughing.gif

This guy is one of the worst sellers on ebay. He has been doing this for God knows how long and should be kicked in the nuts for his overly excessive overgrading. He even tried to come on here one time to defend himself (using nothing, but CAPS!!!) and quickly ran off like a coward. Forum members presented him with questions and of course he could not come up with a logical answer that supported his case of grading being "subjective." 27_laughing.gif

Good customer service? Come on Darth. I would be extremely nice to anyone who buys my books if I purposely overgaded like this A-Hole does. Misrepresentation and grading like a blind man is wayyyy short of even bad customer service tongue.gif

WOW!!

I'm certainly glad you posted this. It seems I've been grading all of my comics wrong these past 30 yrs or so.

I can now go back and regrade all of my 4.0 - 6.0 readers to the correct grade of 9.4 and buy that private Island I had my eye on.

And that Uncanny X-Men #1 that I thought was only a 2.0 at the most, is actually an 8.0. Oh joy!! Oh joy!!! acclaim.gif27_laughing.gif

all i'm saying is: the guy is notorious for overgrading makepoint.gif seriously some of them are so off that one can't realistically expect any grading was done. ( have you noticed the presentation mimics that of comic-keys style with the comic scanned with a constuction paper background?)

However, I still think one can get great deals at a $1 - $1.50 a book for silver/bronze readers or flipping material. And I have to stand by my compliments on customer service (apart from grading). btw, I've got some MINT 9.9 MTU's you are looking for, Rick- courtesy of our friend, stckwzrd! DAM, I've got some Batmans on the way as well wink.gif