• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Rudolph...the rarest bronze-age comic?

102 posts in this topic

I have always tried to find first issue books that are rarer or scarcer in strict 9.0 or above - Wyatt Earp 30, Li'l Pals 1, Harvey 1, etc. These books are not rare or scarce at all. I have at least three copies of each one of them, but none above 8.0. In fact, my WE 30s are all bird cage liners. I posit that, for the major publishers, there are very few really rare or scarce Bronze books, and most of them are variants. There are, however, a bunch that are really tough in grade.

I have a fairly nice Wyatt Earp #30. In fact I bought a run of high grade Wyatt Earp #30-33 all from the same original owner about ten years ago. Would the #30 (or the others) be worth getting graded? I've never submitted a book to CGC before but I have a box of about 100 of late silver/early bronze age books that I'm considering. Here is the Wyatt Earp #30, anyone care to guess at the grade?: (And I've never posted a scan here before either so feel free to give me a friendly nudge in the right direction if my scans aren't good enough.)

wyattearp30-f.jpg

wyattearp30-b.jpg

That is a great copy, especially from an eye appeal standpoint! There does appear to be a little bit of stress action on the back cover and one large crease. If there ever was a candidate for a pressin' this is it. Nice copy!