• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Frank Miller covers

31 posts in this topic

I have always been partial to the covers that Frank Miller drew in the late 1970's and early 1980's when he first worked for Marvel. Lots of titles. Daredevil of course, but diverse stuff such as Rom, Peter Parker, Marvel Team-Up, Power Man, etc.

One of my favorites was the cover to Machine Man 19. And since today is Halloween, it begs to be posted.

Anyone else have favorite Miller covers????

machineman19.jpg

ECFANMAN

The TRUE first Frank Miller Batman! 27_laughing.gif

Miller's Batman story in DC Special Series 21 (cover date - Spring 1980) predates the Machine Man cover (cover date - Feb 1981).

First Miller "Batman" cover, though. (I am pretty sure Miller's World's Finest cover was later.) And if you look carefully, Daredevil is on the cover also!

Stock up on this book and hype it as a Miller Batman/Daredevil team-up! If you could pull it off, you could make a small fortune!

I just like the cover. It sure looks like Miller had fun drawing it. Perhaps it took him back to the days of the Rutland (Vermont) Halloween parties/parades.

ECFANMAN

Holy [!@#%^&^]! 893whatthe.gif

I never realized those ROM covers were by Miller.....

I collected both of those books because of the " X-MEN appearance ". foreheadslap.gif

no wonder you'll never get a DD 158 CGC 9.6 893whatthe.gif27_laughing.gif BTW, who's that in your avatar? confused-smiley-013.gif

Holy [!@#%^&^]! 893whatthe.gif

I never realized those ROM covers were by Miller.....

I collected both of those books because of the " X-MEN appearance ". foreheadslap.gif

no wonder you'll never get a DD 158 CGC 9.6 893whatthe.gif27_laughing.gif BTW, who's that in your avatar? confused-smiley-013.gif

Anyone want to answer Supa's question.....?

I'm a BIG Miller fan too Pimpy, but that What If 27 was always one of my least favorites because Phoenix's face looks way too masculine and the "scketchy" undefined look of the rest just didn't work for me. I liked the Rom covers though and redrew them way back when.

I'm a BIG Miller fan too Pimpy, but that What If 27 was always one of my least favorites because Phoenix's face looks way too masculine and the "scketchy" undefined look of the rest just didn't work for me. I liked the Rom covers though and redrew them way back when.

Are you gonna post a Miller cover....or what? hi.gif

if you REALLY think about it, miller really couldn't draw females. 893scratchchin-thumb.gifforeheadslap.gif