• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Coverless Hulk #181

44 posts in this topic

You could print up one of your cover replicas for it.

& yes, that sounds like waaay too much money. $10-20 is a good price I'd say.

Here is a funny exchange with a seller regarding this item listed for $80 shipped:

ME: Would you accept $50 shipped to KC, MO for this comic?

I can send Paypal payment immediately.

Thanks.

THEM: Sorry but we cannot do that

ME (extremely bored): Why not?

THEM: It is priced at $75.00 and we never include shipping into the price of an item. You can buy it now for the $75.00 or you have to pass on the item

ME: Best of luck with your gouge!

THEM:

Please, if you are on a fixed income you should not be looking at e-bay items

ME: Just because I have the money to spend doesn't mean I want to be ripped-off...$50 is a more than FAIR offer for this coverless #181 - you should accept it. OS guide on a Good copy is only $90...

THEM: as an Overstreet Advisor I laugh at that statement ! The Guide is just that a GUIDE ! Market price is above and below prices listed, that are by the way price averages from the PREVIOUS year. Hulk 181 beaten to death sells above Guide in all grades and I am sure you are well aware of that. It will stay posted and it will sell

ME: It's funny, the only people who gripe about the OS guide and say "It's just a GUIDE!!!!!!!!!" are the very same people who are charging WAAAAAAAAAAAAY too much for their low grade comics. As I said before best of luck with your gouge.

I guarantee you GPA for a 0.5 is less than $80.

THEM: you have fun online and send notes to a Seller who really has time to care about your goofy theories and thoughts. Please do not look at our comics, we do not want to upset you with books and prices that are beyond your buying ability.

ME: You have really made me laugh tonight - I should buy your overpriced book just for that alone...

THEM: Please do not, would rather sell it to a buyer who really wants it and will enjoy it.

ME: I think you mean a sucker who is willing to be ripped off...as I said before, best of luck with your gouge.

As a VF type coverless with the value stamp and off white pages it is worth $50 at a minimum. There are plenty of VF 181's w/o value stamps that would go up by $200 or so if they had a nice complete interior.

Why start the negativity by accusing the seller of price gouging?

You kind of opened the door for an argument with that comment.

Regardless of fair market value, if the seller wants to charge too much let him charge too much. If a buyer wants too pay too much let him pay too much. I agree your offer was more than fair, but to accuse the seller of gouging simply because he did not accept your offer seems silly and non productive. I mean what was the point of your comment.

Maybe I am missing something here but it seems you acted a little "off" in the exchange and the seller responded in kind.

Peace.

As I said - I was extremely bored and the reply was curt. Not willing to budge or work with me one bit - not good salesmanship especially with the new eBay rules on feedback. This kind of elitist, take-it-or-leave-it non-sense will soon be a thing of the past. I am sorry, but to charge $80 for an item that is worth half that much is gouging to me. I don't like people trying to rip other people off, especially in the comic seller realm, do you bonzilla?

I have sold MANY items on eBay and I will work to find common ground on ALL my items - this person took a very offensive stance from the get go.

War.

I sold a 181 with wolverines head cut out of the cover with MVS for $95 which is about right I would think, maybe a bit low. A coverless sans MVS should be a $30-50 book. With MVS maybe $75-$90. Good 181's can be had for $150 or less.

As I said - I was extremely bored and the reply was curt. Not willing to budge or work with me one bit - not good salesmanship especially with the new eBay rules on feedback. This kind of elitist, take-it-or-leave-it non-sense will soon be a thing of the past. I am sorry, but to charge $80 for an item that is worth half that much is gouging to me. I don't like people trying to rip other people off, especially in the comic seller realm, do you bonzilla?

I have sold MANY items on eBay and I will work to find common ground on ALL my items - this person took a very offensive stance from the get go.

War.

Yeah I guess I didnt catch that in the exchange you posted.

It sounded kind of pointless and childish on both sides. But thats just me.

And no, of course I dont like rip-off sellers, but I dont see that here. My Idea of a rip off seller is someone who does not disclose defects, or ships completly different books than scanned. We probably have all dealt with that. This seller simply had a book priced more than you wanted to pay. I see someone responding to their first instinct when he did not get what he wanted. And that instinct was to assume he was not being trated fair.

When I get bored I try to be productive not negative. For you Fedoraman :foryou:

I don't think the coversation got venomous and I certainly don't want to find this person and perform violent acts. The first reply just struck me a little funny and he kept replying so I did the same. It was like he had to get in the last word - I know people like that and the best way to annoy them is to play the same game.

Childish? Unquestionably :grin:, but they seemed to be enjoying the exchange as well :makepoint:. That's why I posted it.

Word (thumbs u

I don't think the coversation got venomous and I certainly don't want to find this person and perform violent acts. The first reply just struck me a little funny and he kept replying so I did the same. It was like he had to get in the last word - I know people like that and the best way to annoy them is to play the same game.

Childish? Unquestionably :grin:, but they seemed to be enjoying the exchange as well :makepoint:. That's why I posted it.

Word (thumbs u

Well as long as you both were having fun!! :screwy:

BTW your Mom just emailed me and told me to tell you to quit being such a grouch. and stop picking fights with Ebay sellers.. she taught you better than that! (tsk)

:jokealert:

Have a great day Fedoraman!!