• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

AF15 / eBay seller Lexerific

23 posts in this topic

Look at this picture;

cfd5_1.JPG

Ask yourself, "Self, why would he stage this photo in such a way as to cut off completely the lower third of the inside cover/first page? What possible list of motives would there be to do such a thing and would an intelligent individual do so without at least cropping the right hand side of the image so that it didn't look 100% scamtastic?"

Only a fool, someone with an extra one and a half large just laying around or someone with a high risk tolerance that borders on the delusional would bid on this book

Well heII, all I had to do was read the title of this thread to know it wasn't a good idea.

AF15 / eBay seller Lexerific

AF15 + eBay = odds on scam

I guess I'm just too trusting. I'm no heavy eBayer, but I've been a member since 1999 and have about 50 transactions. Everything has been 100% cool until I recently started pursuing comics there, and I have to say I'm really surprised at all the scams and ripoffs.

Is it just comics? No where else on eBay have I experienced anything like this, although admittedly these are the most expensive items I've pursued. I've let optimism get in the way of common sense. I guess I should view everyone on eBay as guilty until proven innocent. That's a drag.

check or MO only (i.e. no Paypal), low FB, small pics...

Great ebayer!!!!

Not to mention a 4.5 in description accuracy (big warning sign for a seller with a low number.)

This is the part I pay a lot of attention to with all sellers because people are more honest in dropping a 1 in stars without the seller knowing and retaliating with a negative feedback had it been left publicly verbally instead of anonymously.