• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Another Avengers #4

18 posts in this topic

So what does PGM mean anyway..?

Anyway i bought into a comic store that closed a few months later so now i have a pile of stock left over to pay back my loan - including a bunch of silver age comics. Unfortunately i dont knwo anything about grading or pricing. A little help?

Heres one - unfortunately it has a number written on it but curious to hear what people think so i can gauge it?

Scan1.jpg

actually i have quite a few i wouldnt mind getting looked at - should i start seperate threads for each book as i go to sell them or should i just use one big honking thread? All early marvel silver age stuff..

actually i have quite a few i wouldnt mind getting looked at - should i start seperate threads for each book as i go to sell them or should i just use one big honking thread? All early marvel silver age stuff..

PGM = Please grade my...

One book per thread is acceptable, but I wouldn't advise throwing up 23 threads at a time.

Oh, and welcome to the boards! :banana:

General etiquette is maximum 3 books in any 24 hour period...

As for the grade, I'm thinking 5.5...that's a nasty 8 on the cover but otherwise looks like it'd be in the 7.0+ range...nice book! :headbang:

Hint: Don't white-out the 8... :devil:

lol - i'm tempted but i wont white it out. ;)

5.5 - thanks - i really had no idea how much that would bring it down - its a shame.

Well iw as thinking 3-5 over a week so i should be ok ..

Hey i just discovered the sales subforum as well - hmmn..

So once i know its around a 5.5 how do i know what the 'expected' price for that would be?

Thanks guys - i appreciate it. I'm hoping to pay back the inlaws loan with just the silver age stuff...i just have no idea how much they're worth.

And Kelly Brook eh? I'm off to google..

thats a great looking book but I wouldn't be able to stand that awful 8 where it is ... if it bugs you I'd consider getting it graded and then selling it and upgrading the copy :S

oh its not mine. I have a bunch of silver age stock left over from a store i innvested in. Unfortunately i have to sell the stock off to repay the loan i owe my inlaws for getting the store in the first place so all these comics have to go..

I would advise heavily to never do anything to any of your books. Restored books will not bring any more money, usually less money. And undisclosed restoration will get you flamed on these boards until the end of time.

Welcome to the boards, I will keep an eye, see what you have to sell.