• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Frazetta's Most Important Night

14 posts in this topic

Hello!

I'm new to this board. You seem like a very civil and knowledgable group. :) I applaud you! Here's a link to my Frazetta site. I added a slew of new essays and one commenting on Frazetta's most important night. Even if you don't like to read, the pictures are nice!

http://frazfritz.blogspot.com/

Thanks for your time and consideration!

Cheers!

DAVE

Hi Dave,

Great blog, I read "Overlooked Frazetta Masterpiece" a while back and am looking forward to reading the rest today. Thanks for taking the time to do what you do, I appreciate it.

Regards,

Brian

Dr. Dave

A fantastic blog, lots of insight and an unbelievable collection of rarely seen art.

What a way to join the boards. Your expertise in the world of Frazetta is most welcome and appreciated.

Cheers!

N

It is great to have you on board Dave.

I am proof that no matter how simple or uniformed your question is, Dave takes the time to share his vast wealth of knowledge with one and all.

OK collectors. Now that Dave is on the boards, time to fire away with all those Frazetta questions!!

Ok, I'll go first.

Dave, what can you tell me about this drawing? The copy pictured is mine, but I don't know anything about it's origin. Do you know anything about it?

frazettaprint1.jpg

I have it posted along with another print in my CAF gallery here:

http://www.comicartfans.com/GalleryRoom.asp?GSub=20633

Well, that original was done in the 60's for Frank's amusement. He sold it to Gary Fairfax, who was one of the original distributors for Frank's posters, who produced a nice print of it. Many people over the years have been confused by the print and thought they owned an original. The original resides in a private collection and hasn't been on the market in years.

Let me apologize in advance. I normally don't consult all the message boards with great frequency. I try to keep up with all the latest art sales and trends. If I have the time, I'm more than happy to answer any and all questions...if I know the answer.

I started my little Frazetta blog just to give Frazetta a little more presence on the internet. The official site is rarely updated and people love Frazetta. I know I do!

There's a lot to be said. Frazetta art is a world onto itself with many arcane areas.

All the best!

DAVE

Well, that original was done in the 60's for Frank's amusement. He sold it to Gary Fairfax, who was one of the original distributors for Frank's posters, who produced a nice print of it. Many people over the years have been confused by the print and thought they owned an original. The original resides in a private collection and hasn't been on the market in years.

Let me apologize in advance. I normally don't consult all the message boards with great frequency. I try to keep up with all the latest art sales and trends. If I have the time, I'm more than happy to answer any and all questions...if I know the answer.

I started my little Frazetta blog just to give Frazetta a little more presence on the internet. The official site is rarely updated and people love Frazetta. I know I do!

There's a lot to be said. Frazetta art is a world onto itself with many arcane areas.

All the best!

DAVE

Thanks very much for the information Dave, I really appreciate it. With your permission I'd like to quote the following and add it to the comments section in my CAF gallery for this print.

"The original was done in the 60's for Frank's amusement. He sold it to Gary Fairfax, who was one of the original distributors for Frank's posters, who produced a nice print of it. Many people over the years have been confused by the print and thought they owned an original. The original resides in a private collection and hasn't been on the market in years."

Regards,

Brian