• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Should I send these for CGC?

19 posts in this topic

Hi guys, just want an opinion if I should send these books to CGC. The books are as follows: Amazing Spider-Man 2,20,33,46,62,101,102,122, and 129. I've included scans of the front covers so could you guys help me grade these as well? Thanks for your help!

Oh for Amazing Spider-Man #2 This book is very nice looking with one big problem the front cover is detached from the spine, however the back cover is still attached to the stapes and the centerfold is secure. What would you guys grade this book and is it worth sending to CGC?

301436-asm2front.jpg.5f1cd6fefeaa45b37a35335ea54b42c0.jpg

what's the point in slabbing a book if you're not going to sell it? confused-smiley-013.gif but since you will down the road, slab away. thumbsup2.gif

You can clean your weed on top of the case without worrying about the oils staining the cover.

J.D.

So anyone want to grade the books I've scanned? I need a general idea especially for ASM 2. Would appreciate it if ppl would give me thier opinions on the grades of these books. Thanks.

So anyone want to grade the books I've scanned? I need a general idea especially for ASM 2. Would appreciate it if ppl would give me thier opinions on the grades of these books. Thanks.

Sorry but it is impossible to grade these from the scans you submitted...In order for us to get a better idea of a grade you must enlarge the scan area to include the entire book....You may have auto-crop set on your scan settings where you should be doing this manually.... gossip.gif

The scans are not showing the "entire" book? I thought they were, i have checked them and they are showing the entire front covers. Do you mean they are not enlarged enough?

If you look at your ASM #20, for example, the top of the book and the spine are cut off. It may only be a little bit, but it makes a difference when trying to give a grade. Also, like others mentioned, the scans would have to be a lot bigger for us to be able to give them a fair assesment.