• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

GI Joe Special #1(McFarlane) CGC 9.8 DD V2#1 Marvel Authentix CGC 9.8 For Sale

33 posts in this topic

Hi-I have these two books for sale:

GI Joe Special #1 CGC 9.8. Certification #:0152613001. White Pages.

http://i280.photobucket.com/albums/kk183/steveout22/cgcs001.jpg

http://i280.photobucket.com/albums/kk183/steveout22/cgcs002.jpg

http://i280.photobucket.com/albums/kk183/steveout22/cgcs003.jpg

http://i280.photobucket.com/albums/kk183/steveout22/cgcs004.jpg

Daredevil Volume 2 Marvel Authentix Sketch cover CGC 9.8. Certification #0152613002. Also white pages.

http://i280.photobucket.com/albums/kk183/steveout22/cgcs005.jpg

http://i280.photobucket.com/albums/kk183/steveout22/cgcs006.jpg

http://i280.photobucket.com/albums/kk183/steveout22/cgcs007.jpg

These are very recent returns-the cases are perfect. I'd like to get 340$ for the GI Joe and 150$ for the Daredevil. Both for 460$. Shipping will be 10$ via priority mail with tracking and insurance for one book, 12$ for both. Pro packaging. I will gladly take Paypal.

My credentials can be verified by my ebay store:

http://stores.ebay.com/New-Comic-Standard_W0QQsspagenameZL2222QQtZkm

PM's accepted. I'll take it, one or both, gets preference. I'm going to leave these up for two days, and then close this thread. If nobody buys them at that point I'll just put them up for auction. Trying to be considerate to you guys and give you first shot-you don't see too many of the Specials up for sale now days. Thanks.

Thanks for the well wishing. In case anybody else isn't familiar with the GI Joe, it was released in 1995, Todd Mcfarlane did the cover which was modelled after Spider-Man #1 as the label indicates"Cover Swipe". I believe the print run was even less than the last regular issue of G.I. Joe. None has broken 9.8 so far in the census, and I believe this is the 22nd or 23rd 9.8 out of 125+ submitted. So it is the best so far, though it does have company.

And in case anyone was wondering about market value or availability here is something use for comparison's sake:

http://www.brianstoys.com/store/ProductInfo.aspx?productid=CMGIJOESPECIAL1*CGC0807759001

Thanks for the well wishing. In case anybody else isn't familiar with the GI Joe, it was released in 1995, Todd Mcfarlane did the cover which was modelled after Spider-Man #1 as the label indicates"Cover Swipe". I believe the print run was even less than the last regular issue of G.I. Joe. None has broken 9.8 so far in the census, and I believe this is the 22nd or 23rd 9.8 out of 125+ submitted. So it is the best so far, though it does have company.

And in case anyone was wondering about market value or availability here is something use for comparison's sake:

http://www.brianstoys.com/store/ProductInfo.aspx?productid=CMGIJOESPECIAL1*CGC0807759001

Just a couple of helpful tips.... :)

Todd didnt do the cover, Phil Gosier and Scott Koblish did. Todd did the interiors, which if I am correct, was originally intended for use in issue #61, but was replaced with different art.

And if you wish to share market value, I would make sure to mention gpanalysis.com, as it has been pretty much the standard internet bible for records of slabbed sales for some time now, unlike Brian and Joe, who just got into "the game" last summer ;) (thumbs u

Otherwise, nice books and thank you for sharing :banana:

Todd didnt do the cover, Phil Gosier and Scott Koblish did. Todd did the interiors, which if I am correct, was originally intended for use in issue #61, but was replaced with different art.

And if you wish to share market value, I would make sure to mention gpanalysis.com, as it has been pretty much the standard internet bible for records of slabbed sales for some time now, unlike Brian and Joe, who just got into "the game" last summer ;) (thumbs u

Thanks for the corrected info about the book itself. I don't feel compelled to use GPanalysis when mentioning market value however. Plenty of people buy plenty of CGC books without ever consulting that service, myself included, and it is what they decide to spend which creates the result of that analysis. I just showed that this book has sold for 499$ in the past(not that I want that kind of money for this book), and that there aren't many available, which is all true....

Ditto, I've always wanted a GI Joe Special

Come to Chicago and I'll show you a few nice copies..... :devil:

Brad if you have multi copies of these set one aside and we can meet up some time at the show :baiting:

This sort of thing seems more appropriately said in a PM than on this thread.

Brad if you have multi copies of these set one aside and we can meet up some time at the show :baiting:

meh

meh

I'm sorry for trying this at this point. These sales are closed, will go up on ebay.

meh

I'm sorry for trying this at this point. These sales are closed, will go up on ebay.

Don't feel alone,everybodies threads get derailed :grin:

Thanks for the corrected info about the book itself. I don't feel compelled to use GPanalysis when mentioning market value however. Plenty of people buy plenty of CGC books without ever consulting that service, myself included, and it is what they decide to spend which creates the result of that analysis. I just showed that this book has sold for 499$ in the past(not that I want that kind of money for this book), and that there aren't many available, which is all true....

In defense of klozd24seven, the feeling I got from you adding that link to some random comic book site was one of "hey, look at how valuable my book is - my price is a bargain compared to that" - which is all well & good if it's a source that's actually respectable & trusted.

But that wasn't the case here, and as you're obviously aware of GPA, it seemed odd that you wouldn't add the GPA data if you, as you claim, were interested in showing the true value of the book.

I know they do, or um most of them do, but that can't be a good thing, and its even worse if your trying to sell a valid item, and other people are saying I have more of the same valid item over here, call me and we'll get together and I'll show them to you. Ebay has its drawbacks for sure, but interference in your presentation isn't one of them...just not for me, no hard feelings.

In defense of klozd24seven, the feeling I got from you adding that link to some random comic book site was one of "hey, look at how valuable my book is - my price is a bargain compared to that" - which is all well & good if it's a source that's actually respectable & trusted.

But that wasn't the case here, and as you're obviously aware of GPA, it seemed odd that you wouldn't add the GPA data if you, as you claim, were interested in showing the true value of the book.

I'm aware of what GPA is, but I've never once gotten information from it myself, so why would I start now? The last G.I. Joe Special #1 I saw sold on ebay was months ago for 320$. I was asking 340$, some months later. Totally fair. Though I do find it interesting that you find it neccessary to come to your friends "defense", as his post was an attack on me, same as yours, whereas mine was just a plain statement of how I don't hang the "biblical" value of a book on what one agency has to say. It is the bible according to a few people, not to me. My showing of that site was just to show that at one point this was what someone was willing to pay, and somebody did....You think "true value" is what GPA says, and are willing to make a moral argument on that basis. I disagree with your basis, so where does that leave us?

I'm aware of what GPA is, but I've never once gotten information from it myself, so why would I start now? The last G.I. Joe Special #1 I saw sold on ebay was months ago for 320$. I was asking 340$, some months later. Totally fair. Though I do find it interesting that you find it neccessary to come to your friends "defense", as his post was an attack on me, same as yours, whereas mine was just a plain statement of how I don't hang the "biblical" value of a book on what one agency has to say. It is the bible according to a few people, not to me. My showing of that site was just to show that at one point this was what someone was willing to pay, and somebody did....You think "true value" is what GPA says, and are willing to make a moral argument on that basis. I disagree with your basis, so where does that leave us?

I think you're missing my point here - it's your book, you can price it any way you want, that was never the issue here. All I did was point out that it seemed strange that you were linking to some random website to supposedly show "market value or availability", yet when someone pointed out that GPA is actually a much more reliable source for that kind of information, you immediately went on the defensive.

If you consider that a personal attack, fine by me - it doesn't really matter to me either way.

Yo! What is the deal with sales threads lately? Between this one, the Batman #1 and Ms. Parkinson's (interesting forget me not name) it's like the whole thread is going to hell inna hand basket doh!