• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

GI Joe Special #1(McFarlane) CGC 9.8 DD V2#1 Marvel Authentix CGC 9.8 For Sale

33 posts in this topic

I'm aware of what GPA is, but I've never once gotten information from it myself, so why would I start now? The last G.I. Joe Special #1 I saw sold on ebay was months ago for 320$. I was asking 340$, some months later. Totally fair. Though I do find it interesting that you find it neccessary to come to your friends "defense", as his post was an attack on me, same as yours, whereas mine was just a plain statement of how I don't hang the "biblical" value of a book on what one agency has to say. It is the bible according to a few people, not to me. My showing of that site was just to show that at one point this was what someone was willing to pay, and somebody did....You think "true value" is what GPA says, and are willing to make a moral argument on that basis. I disagree with your basis, so where does that leave us?

I think you're missing my point here - it's your book, you can price it any way you want, that was never the issue here. All I did was point out that it seemed strange that you were linking to some random website to supposedly show "market value or availability", yet when someone pointed out that GPA is actually a much more reliable source for that kind of information, you immediately went on the defensive.

If you consider that a personal attack, fine by me - it doesn't really matter to me either way.

Look um, okay. I'll definately take that advice into consideration in the future. I guess I'm just not quite as experienced at dealing with pricing CGC books as some, since all I've done in the past is run things in open ended auctions. So thanks for the corrective comments. Peace :foryou:

I put them up here only out of consideration for board members who might want the first chance to buy these books. And now I'm really sorry that I did.

Dang! :blahblah:

Ditto, I've always wanted a GI Joe Special

Come to Chicago and I'll show you a few nice copies..... :devil:

I know they do, or um most of them do, but that can't be a good thing, and its even worse if your trying to sell a valid item, and other people are saying I have more of the same valid item over here, call me and we'll get together and I'll show them to you. Ebay has its drawbacks for sure, but interference in your presentation isn't one of them...just not for me, no hard feelings.

I agree with klozd that it might be helpful to check or mention GPA to get a more accurate feel for a book's worth. That said, in this thread is not the place to mention it, short of out and out attempts to deceive buyers.

Further, I completely agree with steveout22's statement above. Klozd is basically offering to sell the item being sold, inside another person's thread. Really poor etiquette. I would expect more. I don't think people would take kindly to me jumping Pirate's thread (fictional example) and saying that I have several Ronin #1 9.8s to sell, just look me up at Chicago.

I NEVER said I had any for SALE (tsk) , only that I had a few nice copies to show Danny. Also, I have no intention of selling anything in anyone elses thread. If someone wishes to purchase Steves copy, thats a great sale (thumbs u and I give Steve (thumbs u (thumbs u ! I was only trying to help better inform him of the current market trends on this book and how to relate this information to make a potential sale. I meant no disrespect or harm to him or this thread :sorry:.