• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

eBay issue - non-comic related

8 posts in this topic

How would you handle this?

I won an auction on the weekend of 5-16. Received seller's invoice on 5-19. Paid for my item (2 designer shirts) on 5-20. I then receive an email from eBay on 5-27 stating the following:

MC019 eBay Listing Removed: (209XXXXXXXX)

Dear :blahblah:

Thank you for your bid on the following listing:

:blahblah:

Unfortunately, eBay has removed this listing. All bids or offers on this listing have been canceled. Because the listing was ended, you no longer have any obligation to purchase this item.

Listings are removed for different reasons. For example:

- The way the item was listed may violate eBay policy.

- The sale of the item may be prohibited by eBay.

- The sale of the item may be prohibited by law.

- The removal may be part of a separate action taken by eBay that is unrelated to the listing itself.

We hope you understand that, due to privacy concerns, we're unable to discuss the details of why this listing was ended. However, please note that the removal of this listing does not suggest that this seller's standing in the eBay Community has been called into question.

I emailed the the seller on 2 seperate email accounts approxiamtely 20 -30 min ago. The original email address listed on his/her eBay invoice bounced back.

I checked the details of my PayPal payment, I noticed a completely different email (and seller name) listed. Also, noted on the sellers "new" name is the recipient of this payment is Non-U.S. - Verified.

I wanted to get some feedback on how to handle this. Also, has anyone here experienced the same issue? Thanks in advance for your input.

How would you handle this?

I won an auction on the weekend of 5-16. Received seller's invoice on 5-19. Paid for my item (2 designer shirts) on 5-20. I then receive an email from eBay on 5-27 stating the following:

MC019 eBay Listing Removed: (209XXXXXXXX)

Dear :blahblah:

Thank you for your bid on the following listing:

:blahblah:

Unfortunately, eBay has removed this listing. All bids or offers on this listing have been canceled. Because the listing was ended, you no longer have any obligation to purchase this item.

Listings are removed for different reasons. For example:

- The way the item was listed may violate eBay policy.

- The sale of the item may be prohibited by eBay.

- The sale of the item may be prohibited by law.

- The removal may be part of a separate action taken by eBay that is unrelated to the listing itself.

We hope you understand that, due to privacy concerns, we're unable to discuss the details of why this listing was ended. However, please note that the removal of this listing does not suggest that this seller's standing in the eBay Community has been called into question.

I emailed the the seller on 2 seperate email accounts approxiamtely 20 -30 min ago. The original email address listed on his/her eBay invoice bounced back.

I checked the details of my PayPal payment, I noticed a completely different email (and seller name) listed. Also, noted on the sellers "new" name is the recipient of this payment is Non-U.S. - Verified.

I wanted to get some feedback on how to handle this. Also, has anyone here experienced the same issue? Thanks in advance for your input.

Call both Ebay and Paypal customer support, simple as that. They will give you the bottom line.

Sounds like a stolen account was used to run the auction. Paypal has an 800 #, it's under "contact Us" on the Paypal site, they are closed now, but you can reach them tomorrow.

Ebay doesn't have a customer service number, unless you are in a special try out program, but you can click on Safety and Support and follow the prompts.

Unfortunately, this happens more often than you think They just didn't catch it in time.

Oh, and before you do anything, make sure that "message" is in your messages and the Message you got from "ebay" is not a phishing email.

Good luck!

Sharon, you keep taunting us with that special eBay phone number you have. :hi:

It's not a secret, Marc, I tried giving it to several people, but they ask your name, rank, serial number and a dozen other things, and will only let the "test group" use it.

If you are very curious, pm me and I'll give it to you.....

It's not a secret, Marc, I tried giving it to several people, but they ask your name, rank, serial number and a dozen other things, and will only let the "test group" use it.

More phone numbers are coming for high activity PayPal users :gossip:

More phone numbers are coming for high activity PayPal users :gossip:

They better not be automated :sumo:

vomit-smiley-015.gif