• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Death of Superman (referencing post under Comics General)

4 posts in this topic

Referencing my earlier post in the General Comics forum, I decided to post the two (the first two chronologically in the series) that were suggested to have the most value. I wasn't sure what to use for my scan settings, so I did the JLA #69 at 300ppi and the MOS #18 at 600ppi. They're all in the same shape, and really look flawless to me ...but then again, I'm CERTAINLY no expert! ...so I'd appreciate any feedback on the following ;-) ...after viewing other posts, I've now added the backs as well (.jpg's again at 600ppi).

Just increased size by 125%, and undid cropping, but I don't think I can do anything about the compression as I think it's the website that I'm using that is affecting that...

JLA%2069%20b%2025-05-08.jpg

JLA%2069%20Back%2028-05-08.jpg

MOS%2018%20b%2028-05-08.jpg

MOS%2018%20Back%2028-05-08.jpg

Welcome!

If you really want us to finetune the grades, you would need to post larger scans...uncropped...and with back covers as well. Generally speaking, they look nice though. (thumbs u

Also - there's some heavy-duty JPG artifacts on the images due to your compression settings being set too low. Look at all the weird "dirt" around "Doomsday!" on the JLA, for example.

Doesn't really matter if they're scanned in high-res if the end result isn't large files that have been minimally compressed ...