• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Love and Rockets: Printing ID

12 posts in this topic

Is there anything weird about the 'Love and Rockets' series with regards to printing indication? By this I mean that a lot of issues from a batch that I picked up today will say, for example, July 1986, then further on in the indicia, First Printing: May 1986.

All the 50 issues I have say First Printing, but the majority will have two dates in the indicia. Any ideas guys? Is it safer to identify the printing from the cover price? If so, does anyone have a lsiting of issue numbers and first printing cover prices?

I never noticed that.....but the number 1 is a b/w magazine-sized issue.

Didja know that?? huh? didja?

Um, yep.

#1 is a good example of the conflicting info I'm talking about. The first date on the indicia is "Fall 1982", but then later on it states "First Printing: July 1982". Do you think that the second date is the actual print date, the fisrt is the distribution date?

I never noticed that.....but the number 1 is a b/w magazine-sized issue.

Didja know that?? huh? didja?

Um, yep.

#1 is a good example of the conflicting info I'm talking about. The first date on the indicia is "Fall 1982", but then later on it states "First Printing: July 1982". Do you think that the second date is the actual print date, the fisrt is the distribution date?

Could be that the first printing date is when it was actually published and the Fall 1982 date is the cover date since those are usually a couple months advanced. confused-smiley-013.gif

Could be that the first printing date is when it was actually published and the Fall 1982 date is the cover date since those are usually a couple months advanced. confused-smiley-013.gif

Yes, does sound about right.

Anyway, after struggling to really get into the series, I'm giving it the heave-ho already. I've tried to be as fair as I can with the description:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=2200946963&category=3979&rd=1

Any L'N'R fans out there?

I always enjoyed the early ones. I liked maggie, and the artwork was super crisp and tight, like the bestest Archie artwork ever!. But though i stuck with each issue for years, I liked them less and less as Maggie got really fat, and the storyline stretched thin....and since I never read Beto's half of th ebook anyway - - well, it was easier to just walk away eventually. But Jaime's art was always worth buying them.

Yes, does sound about right.

Anyway, after struggling to really get into the series, I'm giving it the heave-ho already. I've tried to be as fair as I can with the description:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=2200946963&category=3979&rd=1

Any L'N'R fans out there?

Bump on the auction. 3 hours to go.