• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Grade my ASM #2

15 posts in this topic

The main thing with this book is the front cover is detached from the book along the length of the spine, however the back cover is attached by the staples and the centerfold is tight. What grade would you guys give this book?

301802-asm-2.jpg.d3efbe9d85546d44f1fca2e07966b968.jpg

Ummmm using the overstreet guide a Good (2.0) allows for the cover to have "significant wear and may even be detached" The cover is only detached from one side the back cover is still on the book. Anyone want to take a crack at giving this book a grade? Can it possibly be considered a Good 2.0 ???confused-smiley-013.gif

Ummmm using the overstreet guide a Good (2.0) allows for the cover to have "significant wear and may even be detached" The cover is only detached from one side the back cover is still on the book. Anyone want to take a crack at giving this book a grade? Can it possibly be considered a Good 2.0 ???confused-smiley-013.gif

Everything is subjective when grading. A 2.0 does allow for a cover detachment ( so does every grade below that ) and it does not matter much if only the front is detached - there are quite few other detractions here. I was undecided between a 1.5 and a 1.0 but chose the 1.0 because of the page quality, because scans hide a myriad of creases and the assumption that the back cover is not that good either. If the back cover and reflectivity is a little better then I assumed and there was no other creases/imperfections that is hidden in a scan, then it could get a 1.5. I am not trying to be overly critical and I think you will find that after you get all the different opinions from the forum members, there will be a general consensus within 1/2 a grade.

Tom

I think this book would fall around 1.5 or 2.0, but not 1.0. I understand where Tomega is coming from though. There are some things that one grader would weigh more critically than others. The problem with this book is that it doesn't look like the cover is just detached. It appears to be a complete spine split up to at least half the book. The Marvel chipping at the top and bottom greatly detract from the book as well. However, if this book is complete and there are no other significant stains or tears, it could very well be a 1.5 or 2.0. 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

The main thing with this book is the front cover is detached from the book along the length of the spine, however the back cover is attached by the staples and the centerfold is tight. What grade would you guys give this book?

It's called......." a reading copy ".

This book is complete, the inside is intact and the centerfold is tight. The front cover is where are the creasing and damage is the back is in better shape. The cover is not detached but SPLIT through the whole length of the spine, however the back cover is still attached to the book by the staples. I hope this clarifies any misunderstandings. I do appreciate the feedback and opinions. Keep them coming. I honestly don't know if I paid too much for this book (255US dollars) I just want some feedback if it's worth grading or if it would hold it's value in the condition it's in. Thanks again. smile.gif

This book is complete, the inside is intact and the centerfold is tight. The front cover is where are the creasing and damage is the back is in better shape. The cover is not detached but SPLIT through the whole length of the spine, however the back cover is still attached to the book by the staples. I hope this clarifies any misunderstandings. I do appreciate the feedback and opinions. Keep them coming. I honestly don't know if I paid too much for this book (255US dollars) I just want some feedback if it's worth grading or if it would hold it's value in the condition it's in. Thanks again. smile.gif

I would not say that you over paid at $255, that is about what a 1.5 to 2.0 is worth. If it is a 1.0 it is a $175 or less book. Personally, I do not think it is worth grading. Why invest any money in a book that you have little chance of making a profit on? The only reason I would see getting it graded was to protect it.

Tom

Tom that is exactly why I'm having it graded! smile.gif I just want to protect it and give it a certification in case I want to sell it 10 years down the road. By the way would that split along the length of the spine take away from the 1.5 grade?