• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Silver Age CGC slabs for sale...Make Mine Marvel

50 posts in this topic

Couldn't resist, I had to throw at least one Golden Age goodie in here!!! Not a CGC book, but a nice copy. This is Jungle #44 from 1943, spectacular cover, very light wear, and a loose centerfold!!! This book is a FN (6.0) copy!!! Asking $81.00 including shipping.

:news: Offering this at a reduced price!!!! Last chance; Only $72.00 includes shipping!!!

jungle44.jpg

:takeit: But first explain why it's listed as a VF+ by Dale Roberts?

http://cgi.ebay.com/JUNGLE-COMICS-44-VERY-FINE-PLUS-LEGGY-CROCODILE_W0QQitemZ180021837058QQihZ008QQcategoryZ67QQrdZ1QQssPageNameZWD1VQQcmdZViewItemQQ_trksidZp1638Q2em118Q2el1247

http://www.comiclink.com/itemdetail.asp?back=%2Fsearch%2Easp%3Fwhere%3Dsell%26title%3Djungle%2B44%26ItemType%3DCB&id=736164

The one on comiclink isn't the same book, but does look similar, but the image isn't the same....close....but not the same.....

Not even close. :)

The two scans are completely identical.

The book posted in this thread is 552px x 758px - the Dale Roberts scan is 572px x 785px, which is a slightly larger multiple of the size of the book in this thread.

If you scale up the book in this thread to 572px x 785px and overlay it on the Dale Roberts scan, the two images are identical down to the last pixel.

OK guys, just got home form work!!! Let me check this out!!! I do have a scan of Dale's book in my data base, maybe I scanned the wrong book. If I did it was UNINTENTIONAL!!! Give me 5 min. to check!!!

OK; here is the scan of the book!!!

The previous book I scanned is indeed Dale Robert's copy!!!! :tonofbricks:

Terribly sorry!!! All I can say is that you guys are very meticulous and I'm impressed!!! (worship)

I did this rather quickly the other day and from the small scan on photobucket didn't realise it was not my copy.

Anyway, as stated this book is a 6.0 copy with a loose centerfold!!! Here is the scan (the real one)!!!!

jungle44-3.jpg

To me it's just a classic case of someone inadvertly downloading the wrong pic in Photobucket (shrug)

When I was actively collecting Strange Tales I had many scans of a given issue from various dealer etc. Just have to make sure to pic the right one :D

:acclaim:

The two scans are completely identical.

The book posted in this thread is 552px x 758px - the Dale Roberts scan is 572px x 785px, which is a slightly larger multiple of the size of the book in this thread.

If you scale up the book in this thread to 572px x 785px and overlay it on the Dale Roberts scan, the two images are identical down to the last pixel.

:sumo::baiting:

Terribly sorry!!! All I can say is that you guys are very meticulous and I'm impressed!!! (worship)

I did this rather quickly the other day and from the small scan on photobucket didn't realise it was not my copy.

Anyway, as stated this book is a 6.0 copy with a loose centerfold!!! Here is the scan (the real one)!!!!

jungle44-3.jpg

Clarity is mine..........and per my original post and now with the correct image :takeit: still. Thanks

jungle44-3.jpg

Clarity is mine..........and per my original post and now with the correct image :takeit: still. Thanks

Thanks Collin;

Sorry about the confusion!!!! I'll tell 'ya though, that's a fast way to get some attention around here!!!! lol This one is finally Sold!!!!