• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

ASM 129 9.8 White pages

91 posts in this topic

Due to a family problem I mentioned in Comics General. I forgot all about this book. I was beat out by 1 cent on this book. I would of went to $11,500.00 for it. Such is life. Some things are a lot more important to me. My wife being THE most important. Thanks Again for all the thought and prayers for her/us. She is getting better every day.

OMFG, the doofus is trying to sell it for $16K. lol:roflmao::roflmao::roflmao:

kinda like the commercial with the guy at the art auction winning a painting and then getting the auctioneers attention and saying he would like to sell it now -- seconds after buying it --

Well, $11-$12K I could understand, but it's pretty stupid to immediately relist a $10K book at $16K, when it sat unsold on Pedigree at $14K.

Maybe the buyer can't do basic math? (shrug)

Well, $11-$12K I could understand, but it's pretty stupid to immediately relist a $10K book at $16K, when it sat unsold on Pedigree at $14K.

Unless he doesn't really want to sell it but more likely he is hoping that these Comiclink buyers will swoop in and BIN it?

"Stupid"? How easy it is for people who have no stake in anything to criticize other's properties. There is no rule surrounding books like this. I have no idea if the book will sell at any price over what the buyer paid now or tomorrow or a year from now, but simply b/c a book didn't sell on a particular site or at a particular time has little to no relevance. In this price range it all depends on who is looking where on a date certain.

Regardless of what price the book sells at, the owner got a great deal at $10k and, for your information, he could easily sell it for $12k-$13k immediately b/c he has offers in hand. So who would be laughing after this guy makes a 30% profit in less than a week. hm

"Stupid"? How easy it is for people who have no stake in anything to criticize other's properties.

Hey, I'm not in your sales thread, so I can critique the $16K price tag all I want.

And a $12K-$13K sale is totally off-topic, as that is NOT your sales price. If he had set it as $13K, I doubt anyone would say anything.

Come back when some maroon ponies up the full $16K and then you can gloat.

well maybe at $16K he will get an offer close to what he wants...pedigree and comiclink have books that sell for hundreds below asking price....so why not give it a shot? More power to him if he pulls off a $3-5K profit.

Who cares,let the dude sell his book for 25K if thats what he wants,its his book!

Hey, some of us live in free countries, where we can express our thoughts on a book freely posted in a public forum. You should move.

well maybe at $16K he will get an offer close to what he wants...pedigree and comiclink have books that sell for hundreds below asking price....so why not give it a shot?

Hey, more power to him, but when you buy a comic for $10K at auction, and then IMMEDIATELY try and flip it for $16K, then you must assume you'll get dragged over the coals.

Otherwise, why post it in a public forum?

And you kiss butt too much.

Seriously, we're both on opposite poles - you suck up like a madman, while I go out of my way to stir up some sheit.

Combine half of our DNA and you'd probably have the perfect board member.

Who cares,let the dude sell his book for 25K if thats what he wants,its his book!

Hey, some of us live in free countries, where we can express our thoughts on a book freely posted in a public forum. You should move.

Don't worry little miss sunshine, you are allowed your opinion. So stop being such a dq. :makepoint:

And On Topic: I think it is insane money to throw at that book, but then again if I was wealthy and wanted that book in grade 16K would be a bag o peanuts so who knows.

Good luck with the sale.

Exactly.

The guy that threw out 10k for this book, I'm pretty sure is not worried about his next meal or next bill due.

It takes money to make money.

And On Topic: I think it is insane money to throw at that book, but then again if I was wealthy and wanted that book in grade 16K would be a bag o peanuts so who knows.

Agreed, but if I had really wanted it, I would have laid down the cash on EBay and bought it.

It just seems a bit fresh to be looking at a $6K return on a $10K book after only a few days.

And you kiss butt too much.

Seriously, we're both on opposite poles - you suck up like a madman, while I go out of my way to stir up some sheit.

Combine half of our DNA and you'd probably have the perfect board member.

I'm already here!!!!! :acclaim:

Daddy!