• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

ASM 129 9.8 White pages

91 posts in this topic

And you kiss butt too much.

Seriously, we're both on opposite poles - you suck up like a madman, while I go out of my way to stir up some sheit.

Combine half of our DNA and you'd probably have the perfect board member.

Actually, I'm not sucking up. I made it public knowledge on these boards in the past that I was not a big fan of Mark Zaid. We've had our exchanges in the past. They can stay there.

You on the other hand are a big mouthed dork that always has to go against the grain for the sake of going against the grain.

You admit it yourself.

I don't need to suck up. You do.

Breadstick armed fan boy. Why do you continue to post here? What is your purpose? Do you enjoy confrontation? I don't get it.

R.

You on the other hand are a big mouthed dork that always has to go against the grain for the sake of going against the grain.

And you're a weak-kneed ninny without a confrontational bone in your body, and the innate desire to keep everything on an even keel.

We are diametrically opposed personalities - let's leave it at that.

And you're a weak-kneed ninny without a confrontational bone in your body, and the innate desire to keep everything on an even keel.

We are diametrically opposed personalities - let's leave it at that.

My innate desire to keep things on an even keel is because I believe in equality and a free market...and the two can co-exist. Not because I have an axe to grind. Unlike you who simply logs on to stir the pot.

As far as being non confrontational...how would you know? You have never met me. I'm sure some of the dozens of people that have met me from here will be willing to vouch for me that I'm not a little cat. Again, talking out of your back side. I used to defend you JC but you are beginning to even grate on my even keeled nerves.

Let's not leave it at that.....so again....why log in here?

I've said this before, but if there was no Marketplace, I probably wouldn't. (shrug)

And my comments were not intended to portray you as a wimp - I know plenty of tough guys who just despise confrontation and arguing - one of them gets a migraine if he gets too excited.

It's just a personality type, no better or worse than any other.

I've said this before, but if there was no Marketplace, I probably wouldn't. (shrug)

You don't have to post to use the Marketplace. :wishluck: Not that I think you actually ever use it anyway. For the most part, you just talk about buying.

JC why do you care so much. The consigner of those Comiclink books made out like a bandit and there have been record sales across the board lately (Pedigree, Heritrage, etc) so what's the harm will asking for top dollar? You seem to carry on like there is a pre-determined defined price range for every high grade book.

And On Topic: I think it is insane money to throw at that book, but then again if I was wealthy and wanted that book in grade 16K would be a bag o peanuts so who knows.

Agreed, but if I had really wanted it, I would have laid down the cash on EBay and bought it.

It just seems a bit fresh to be looking at a $6K return on a $10K book after only a few days.

Tell that to the previous owners of the All-American #16 CGC 5.5 $60,000 and then $85,500 within a few months (originally purchased for $30,000!).

Or the Marvel Comics #1 that was slipped for what? $50,000 or $60,000 more in a few weeks?

R.

JC why do you care so much. The consigner of those Comiclink books made out like a bandit and there have been record sales across the board lately (Pedigree, Heritrage, etc) so what's the harm will asking for top dollar? You seem to carry on like there is a pre-determined defined price range for every high grade book.

I guess his mouth is too full of his own pudd to answer you!

:P

JC why do you care so much.

I don't, and I think if it was more than a few days, less than a $6K bump-up, and there was no "special forum price" BS, I probably would have let it slide.

Not to mention that ESQ jumped into this non-sales thread in a non-sales forum to SPAM his SALE thread. That's pretty lame, and deserving of a slap-down.

For the most part, you just talk about buying.

Nope, but unlike many of you, collecting it what I like to do, not show off books or brag about what I just bought. I lot of my buys are through PM, and I try not to publicize it too much.

For example, I just bought 5 CGC Byrne X-Men off Beachbum. (shrug)