• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

How do these 100-pagers look?

25 posts in this topic

thats an awesome piece huh? I liked it when it came out, especially Neal Adams' new radical dark coloring style on all these brightly colord superheroes. And only later found out it was a swipe/homage of the original All-Star JSA cover. And a precurser for Alex Ross' Kingdom Cove pieces. A great layout...

thats an awesome piece huh? I liked it when it came out, especially Neal Adams' new radical dark coloring style on all these brightly colord superheroes. And only later found out it was a swipe/homage of the original All-Star JSA cover. And a precurser for Alex Ross' Kingdom Cove pieces. A great layout...

There is an anecdote in one of the (I believe) Jack Kirby Collector fanzines to the effect of...

DC Publisher Carmine Infantino was telling anybody who'd listen (and since he was the boss, lots of folks had to listen) what a great cover Adams had done for the 100-Page Super Spectacular 6th issue. And when Kirby saw it, he thought that was just nuts! A bunch of super-heroes just standing around with their hands on their hips?

Different perspectives...

yeah. I agree. the photos were bad and not the way to take an image of a comics after all. But I d like to try setting up an easel bathed in indirect lighting, and a digital camera on a tripod, an djust bang through a couple hundred "scans" of my books. MUCH easier than the scanning process...

has anybody tried this??