• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

I'm still a believer in Ult. Wolverine vs. Hulk!

81 posts in this topic

I assume Yu is.

I hope he is, but......

Don't want to rain on anybody's parade, but here's what

Leinil Yu's rep wrote me about a potential Ult. Wolverine vs. Hulk #3:

"never. leinil wont be drawing it....if it ever gets done"

Of course, business is business and this could change down the road,

but I got the feeling that the artist was a bit pissed with UWH...

Deathlok limited series took what 13 years to finally complete? Any other mini-series that took forever?

Frank Miller's Dark Knight and DK2 I don't remember how far behind they were, but it was a long :censored: time!

Deathlok limited series took what 13 years to finally complete? Any other mini-series that took forever?

Frank Miller's Dark Knight and DK2 I don't remember how far behind they were, but it was a long :censored: time!

Not even close to 13 years though.

So do you think they'll stick a new artist on the book? Has that happened before where an artist commited to a mini series gets replaced? And if so, would the new artist re-draw the first 2 issue?

So do you think they'll stick a new artist on the book? Has that happened before where an artist commited to a mini series gets replaced? And if so, would the new artist re-draw the first 2 issue?

I think that Jo Ladronn was replaced on an Inhumans mini series, 7-8 years ago. He did the first three issues and Jorge Lucas did the last one.

Why would the new artist redraw the first two issues (shrug) ? They were published and that's that. Now all they have to do is complete the series, even if they have to get a new artist (assuming Yu isn't interested anymore).

Of course, this being Marvel and everything, I suppose they could go any which way with this :screwy:

It'd be a shame if Yu doesn't come back. Personally, I think his best work was on that book. Does anyone think that if Yu does continue the series, would his art style look the same as the first 2 books or do you think it would look different since so much time has past? His New Avengers work and, of course, his Secret Invasion work doesn't look quite as detailed as Ult.Wolverine vs Hulk.

Not even close to 13 years though.

Actually your right it was just a variant that came out in 2005, the regular series was finished much earlier...

I like beating a dead horse. Ultimate Wolverine vs. Hulk is coming back!

C.B. Cebulski noted that Damon Lindelof has turned in all the scripts for “Ultimate Hulk Vs. Wolverine” and that the Leinil Francis Yu will begin drawing it as soon as he’s finished “Secret Invasion.”

I believe I'll be the only one sayin "I'm the only one who believed in Ult. Wolverine vs. Hulk"....and of course no one will care ;)

i still have my #1

Me too . . . in regular, and sketch versions :whistle:

I have to say, I have a hard time working up the energy to be disappointed in the delay. Just comes with the territory, I think, when "entertainment" types like this (and Kevin Smith comes to mind) get involved.

If Issue #3 hit the stands 5 years from now, I am sure I'd buy it. Only difference is, I'd have to dig out #1 and #2 to re-read them first lol

Kevin Smith's Black Cat did, and his Bullyseye is still in limbo.