• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

The Parkinson's Collection -- 10% of all proceeds to be donated!!

700 posts in this topic

I recently purchased a small collection of approximately 7 1/2 long boxes of various titles and publishers. Although there are a few GA books and perhaps a few dozen SA issues, the majority of the collection is primarily from the Bronze era spanning the late 1960s to the early 1980s.

Most of the books are not worth very much, probably anywhere from $5 - $20, but there is approximately 30 books (such as ASM #121, #129 and Hulk #181) that made the entire collection worth purchasing. Some of the books, though not high dollar, are quite HG and would provide enjoyment to any collector.

The owner is in his mid-50s and is, unfortunately, struggling with the onset of Parkinson's disease. He concluded that keeping his collection, particularly in the location where he is located (which is vulnerable to thieves) and in light of his condition, was no longer conducive.

Because of the circumstances that led me to obtain this collection, I will be donating 10% of the sales I receive from any book purchased from this thread to The Parkinson's Disease Foundation.

PDF was the first private foundation in the United States created specifically to advance research into the cause(s) of and a cure for Parkinson's, and to assist those who live with the disease.

Please help me help those suffering from Parkinson and consider buying the books below. (thumbs u

The rules are simple and pretty much the same as always!

Shipping Costs/Method: Domestic - $5.00 for USPS Priority Mail Envelope (usually holds up to 3-4 books); $9.80 for USPS Priority Flat Rate Box (usually can hold up to 10-15 books); $14.00 for USPS Priority Flat Rate Large Box (usually can hold up to 10-15 books). International - Whatever the costs are for the different services. I'll add them in later so inquire first if you are overseas.

Payment Methods: Paypal, bank cashier checks, postal money orders, and personal checks. All checks and money orders should be made payable to EsquireComics. At my discretion personal checks must clear first prior to shipping.

My Return Policy: I certainly believe you will be happy with your purchase. However, your personal satisfaction is very important to me. If for any reason you wish to return your purchase, you may do so. This applies to CGC graded books as well. However, you must notify me in writing within three (3) calendar days of receiving the book that you desire to return it, and you must ship it back to me within seven (7) calendar days. All associated costs for returning the book must be borne by the purchaser. And, of course, the book must be returned in the same condition it was received.

Grading Guarantee: I cannot guarantee how any third-party service will grade the book, but as noted above any book may be returned (pursuant to the terms) if dissatisfied. Please note that due to the low dollar value of many of these books (at least to the extent of what I normally sell), I have not spent much time grading them. I will, however, review every single book carefully before it is sent out and notify the purchaser of any previously unnoticed defects and give the buyer the unconditional option to withdraw from the transaction if desired (in addition to the opportunity to utilize the existing return policy set forth above).

Length Of Sale: If unsold after one week these books will be placed on my website and in my e-bay store for a higher price.

First :takeit: takes it!

If you have any questions about the above policies or any that I have not mentioned, please do not hesitate to contact me.

Enjoy!!! (thumbs u

Buck Rogers #2 - #4, #12, #13

You were not a child of the late 70s/early 80s if you didn't like Tweeky and have a crush on Col Deering!!! :applause:

#2 - 9.0

#3 - 8.0/8.5

#4 - 9.0

#12 - 8.5/9.0

#13 - 8.5/9.0

$25 for the lot

Scans below are in reverse # order.

th_Buck13.jpgth_Buck12.jpgth_Buck4.jpgth_Buck3.jpgth_Buck2.jpg